Help with a gaming computer build

Well, I know the Windows installation at the end of its testing, will start to shut down every couple of hours ( least thats what I've heard):

*EDIT*
From Windows:
The RC will expire on June 1, 2010. Starting on March 1, 2010, your PC will begin shutting down every two hours. Windows will notify you two weeks before the bi-hourly shutdowns start. To avoid interruption, you'll need to rebuild your test machine using a valid version of Windows before the software expires. You'll need to rebuild your test PC to replace the OS and reinstall all your programs and data.

Well, I know the Windows installation at the end of its testing, will start to shut down every couple of hours ( least thats what I've heard):

*EDIT*
From Windows:
The RC will expire on June 1, 2010. Starting on March 1, 2010, your PC will begin shutting down every two hours. Windows will notify you two weeks before the bi-hourly shutdowns start. To avoid interruption, you'll need to rebuild your test machine using a valid version of Windows before the software expires. You'll need to rebuild your test PC to replace the OS and reinstall all your programs and data.

so... i will need to replace EVERYTHING? i can't just upgrade?

From the sounds of it, you'll need to back up any needed files, pics, music, etc. Then uninstall the beta software and then install the new W7 OS.

From the sounds of it, you'll need to back up any needed files, pics, music, etc. Then uninstall the beta software and then install the new W7 OS.

how would you go about backing them up? couldnt you just partition your drive into 2 different ones... format the OS partition, and install the new one there? would that even work?

arent dvd's only like 4.7 gb?? and how would u store stuff on them? just drag and drop to the dvd, or would u have to burn the files onto it

Yeah, DVD's aren't huge and it would take a long time, but if you do something when you are partitioning, there go all of your files. And yeah, you would have to burn them.

Back
Top Bottom