i7 Temp

rohan23

Fully Optimized
So, I got everything setup. It's lightning fast. Blows my Q6600 out of the water in editing hi definition movies. Which I can finally do in a good amount of time:D

For some reason I'm idling at 37 and at a load of 60 with prime95. I'm using my Xigmatek HDT S1283. Do I need something with a bit more muscle?

wow, mine idle at 32-35 and prime95 load around low 60, im using stock cooler :D

So, I got everything setup. It's lightning fast. Blows my Q6600 out of the water in editing hi definition movies. Which I can finally do in a good amount of time:D

For some reason I'm idling at 37 and at a load of 60 with prime95. I'm using my Xigmatek HDT S1283. Do I need something with a bit more muscle?

That doesnt make sense, if your at stock, i've seen people post up screens with 31C idle and 42C load with all i7 threads at 100% prime95 with the dark knight cooler.

ya thats weird bro, did u replace the thermal already on the cpu cooler with a new thermal ? is your case well ventilated ? does your room get really hot ?

That doesnt make sense, if your at stock, i've seen people post up screens with 31C idle and 42C load with all i7 threads at 100% prime95 with the dark knight cooler.

I know it doesn't. I've seen it too. I highly doubt I applied too much thermal paste but I'll reapply it soon.

ya thats weird bro, did u replace the thermal already on the cpu cooler with a new thermal ? is your case well ventilated ? does your room get really hot ?

Yes, yes and no.

Are you running a direct intake for the CPU cooler or is the XDK too large to use a cone? I7's are particularly low wattage/voltage and shouldn't produce too much heat to start. Something has to be wrong on the hardware for it to be putting out like that. Also - Cross examine the temperatures with other software, the operating system could be corrupt. I had a case like that where even SeaTools told me my 7200.11 failed SMART even though it was fine, and it still tells me my 7200.12 fails SMART.

I'm not well acquainted with the LGA 1366 retention brackets yet, but I assume they are just like the AM2 retention brackets - Check to make sure the spring loaded screws are tight and make the cooler flush with the cpu face.

Back
Top Bottom