Requesting your expert opinions

ahpuch

Beta member
Hi
I'm not exactly sure if asking advice on my first post is rude or not.
I had a mac (please don't flame) that went crap, and now I'm looking to buy a new customized pc.

I've been looking through the forums and different sites (though I'm computer stupid) and am currently on ibuy power.

I use computers mostly for gaming, I plan on keeping this same setup for awhile so I want it to last, and I don't plan on oc'ing.

I'm wondering if you could supply any information about what you see, or stupid mistakes that i'm making in my configuration, or if you think something needs changing.

Thank you for your time

Power Supply ( 650 Watt -- Casegears ECO-Element 80 Plus Certificated High Efficiency Power Supply SLI Ready )

Processor ( [=== Quad Core ===] Intel Core 2 Quad Processor Q8300 (4x 2.5GHz/4MB L2 Cache/1333FSB) )

Processor Cooling ( AVC Silent Intel CPU Fan and Heatsink Quiet & Overclocking Proof )

Motherboard [SLI] Asus P5N-T Deluxe NVIDIA nForce 780i SLI Chipset w/7.1 Sound, Gb LAN, S-ATA Raid, USB 2.0, IEEE-1394, 3-Way PCI-E 3-Way SLI & EPU Technology )

Memory ( 8 GB [2 GB X4] DDR2-800 PC6400 Memory Module Corsair-Value or Major Brand )

Video Card ( NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 896MB w/DVI + TV Out Video )
Video Card Brand ( === High Performance === eVGA Brand Video Card Powered by NVIDIA )

Hard Drive ( 500 GB HARD DRIVE [Serial-ATA-II, 3Gb, 7200 RPM, 16M Cache] )

are you trying to buy a computer built or are you interested in building it yourself. I see that you said your on Ibuypower so is that the way your trying to go?

my budget is around 1300 for everything, which is about where its at now with a screen.

i dont have the knowledge to build my own computer, especially not with parts that will be this expensive :( .

thank you for your replies

my budget is around 1300 for everything, which is about where its at now with a screen.

i dont have the knowledge to build my own computer, especially not with parts that will be this expensive :( .

thank you for your replies

its just as simple/hard to build a 300 dollar computer as a 2000 dollar computer

but if i screw up thats 2000$ down the drain edit; or however much the part that will get fried costs

yeah... this is my fear as well (1000 dollar budget, but first time build... a bit scared)

but, if you read the manual on the mobo, and watch videos online, etc... and use this forum, you will be able to build with no problem

also, if you dont build one now, how will you ever build one in the future?

Here's a nice gaming system from iBUYPOWER: Gamer Fire 600.

It has a great CPU, plenty of memory and a killer HD 4890 video card. Just add the 20.1" LCD monitor and you're ready to roll.

Back
Top Bottom