4890 cooler?

Status
Not open for further replies.
about ATI eating up Nvidia it really depends on the game and the rest of the test system. Some of the reviews are REALLY biased when it comes to the benchies you see. You really have to pay close attention to the fine details not just the graphs because they can make the graphs look significantly different with some small system tweaks

about ATI eating up Nvidia it really depends on the game and the rest of the test system. Some of the reviews are REALLY biased when it comes to the benchies you see. You really have to pay close attention to the fine details not just the graphs because they can make the graphs look significantly different with some small system tweaks

I said AA not nvidia...

I read this about the reference cooler on the HD 4890:

The cooler on this card is the standard reference cooler and if you have any doubt just turn the fan speed past 50% and you are greeted with the sound that closely resembles that of the wife's hair dryer. At 100% fan speed the cooler with its composite copper/aluminum heatpipe design is indeed functional as temperatures never crept over 55 degrees Celsius. When turned down to a more reasonable level the temps barely cracked the 60C mark. By letting the driver package control the fan speeds the maximum temperature reached was 71 degrees Celsius.

Sapphire HD 4890 Review

Yeah my 4870 is the same way I never need the fan over 45% and my card barely hits 65 after gaming for a LONG time. If I keep my fan at 40% its pretty quiet and during gaming I never notice anyways and could keep it at 100% and still not here it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom