ok... im getting tired of this

The parts will usually arrive within a few days. I would give yourself at least a weekend to get it all together and running properly.

get a core2qaud q6600 you can find them as cheap as 100 bucks now
That's still $50 more than what he's looking to spend.

It's not bad. They make a good case.

I'm a big fan of Cooler Master cases though. They are well built and have great features such as tool-less drive bays and and expansion slots. They offer excellent cooling and are roomy too. For example: COOLER MASTER Centurion 534

It's not bad. They make a good case.

I'm a big fan of Cooler Master cases though. They are well built and have great features such as tool-less drive bays and and expansion slots. They offer excellent cooling and are roomy too. For example: COOLER MASTER Centurion 534

i know, CM makes good cases... but my big problem with them is they never offer free shipping on their cases, which runs like 16 more dollars...

It looks like the case has only a rear mounted 120mm fan. You have the option if installing another 120mm fan up front for increased airflow.

You'll be fine with that CPU. If your dad does give you a larger budget, then you could consider going with the new Phenom II socket AM3 processors.

It looks like the case has only a rear mounted 120mm fan. You have the option if installing another 120mm fan up front for increased airflow.

You'll be fine with that CPU. If your dad does give you a larger budget, then you could consider going with the new Phenom II socket AM3 processors.

ok... so i would just buy a case fan and mount it where theres the spot for it??

arent the AM3 cpus pretty expensive??

Yup, that's exactly what you would do.

They start at $119: Newegg - AMD Socket AM3

The best bang for your buck is the AMD Phenom II X3 720 BE. It's a great little overclocker and with the right motherboard some have been sucessful at unlocking the fourth core.

Back
Top Bottom