LA Officer kicks suspect in the head

I was quite looking forward to Americansensis post as he'd at least have a better understanding of what's reasonable and permissable, and what it's like to be in a situation.

Yes, because a girl wouldn't hurt a fly of course.

if I throw something at a cop then they can kick my arse to the ground, but if my sister did it the cop has to say, "please don't throw things at me"?
that's complete bull. a girl/woman can be just as violent or threatening as a boy/man.
and that threat should be treated in the same way.

I agree with this. Have you gone to a public gym? Most of you probably have and seen some of the larger women out there. Im not talking about fat, I'm talking about those ones who are weight lifting their rears off and pretty buff. Don't you think they could cause enough damage to warrant self-defense on the same level you would a guy? Mind you, size doesn't always matter. My girlfriend is very petite but she has absolutely no fat. Everything one her is muscle and by God, let me tell you, if we're wrestling and I don't watch it, I'm gonna be sore the next day. Yes, most women aren't this way but some are.

Well in the Rihanna/Chris Brown thing, it was reported that Rihanna would go off on Chris Brown (due to the fact he would go on tour and she would always suspect him of cheating) and pretty much just boxed him, hit him as much and as hard as she could on these rampages and then one night while chris is drunk, he finally hits back a few times and look what happens hes in jail.

I dont condone domestic abuse and i am not on chris browns side, he should have walked away when he had the chance. But im just saying its sometimes not the guys fault. a girl could be just as guilty in a physical dispute just as much as a guy.

Then there are times where cops are worse than criminals ArrizX. Some cops catch criminals with drugs, steal the drugs and sell the drugs back to the neighborhood.

Cops have the most power, and with that power they can be as dirty as a criminal.

I fail to see your relevance to my post.

Yes, they can be. So someone should kick their ass too as far as I'm concerned.

Ok.... Here's my opinion. If any of you remember me, you know that I was planning on becomning a cop some time a ago. Well, I have only a few weeks left of the academy. Any way, do I agree with the officers actions. Yes and no. Yes to the fact that scumbags like that deserve a little hard justice. And no to the fact that his actions are against policy and public morals. But I also feel that people are to soft to criminals. When someone breaks into your home, slips on your patio, and breaks his leg, some people will think "oh well". But apperntly not, because that burgled sued the homeowner and won the case. So when I see I little side kick to a criminal acted a dangourse chase, sure it ident right, but I feel that people blow kt out of porportion. If it was something like a rodney king thing ( which can be made into a case of them not using enough force, but also porlly trained defensive tatics). Thebln I can see the officer lossing his job. But not this. P.S. I'm on my itouch. So sry for grammer and spelling. And I haven't been on in a wile cause of the academy long hours

+1
With the amount of innocent people and the amount of kids that the dickhead could have killed in that chase the least he deserves is a kick in the head. i have no sympathy for knobs like that.

Exactly. He deserved it 100% and more, he could have killed people and children driving like that

meh, i have no sympathy for someone like that... if he wants to endanger the lives of that many people as he did in that pursuit, then a kick in the head is the least he deserves...

I agree with this. Have you gone to a public gym? Most of you probably have and seen some of the larger women out there. Im not talking about fat, I'm talking about those ones who are weight lifting their rears off and pretty buff. Don't you think they could cause enough damage to warrant self-defense on the same level you would a guy? Mind you, size doesn't always matter. My girlfriend is very petite but she has absolutely no fat. Everything one her is muscle and by God, let me tell you, if we're wrestling and I don't watch it, I'm gonna be sore the next day. Yes, most women aren't this way but some are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb5KVhUBVKk

There's a definitive line in "Excessive Force", and as I stated in the aforementioned, This officer crossed it.. The edge the media has is the fact the suspect "Gave Up" and assumed the position of surrender so It will be near impossible for the Department to "justify" it in response to the media and public let alone in court. There is absolutely nothing in that video that shows the suspect showing ANY signs of resistance. I will agree with many on their opinion of "They deserved it", But morally, It's wrong. When I have been put in situations like this where my life or my fellow Officers lives are in danger, Sure it's not too far fetched to see us being "rough", But as I said, Theres a fine line of where to stop. This dispute of excessive force would not of been brought forth IF the suspect showed clear signs of fighting with the officers.

The officer has been put on Administrative duty for the time being.

Back
Top Bottom