Windows 7 Release Candidate now available for download!

When WMP 11 was first everybody was screaming about that and pointing everyone else to VLC, MPC, or some other player even Itunes! As far as any equalizer I tend to use the one for the sound card rather then in any player to start with.

Yo im about to say screw vista i have the 32 bit and 64 bit of win 7 i want to use 64 bit, will it use all 4 gigs of my ram? i know win 7 is faster than vista but is 64 bit even faster!!?
is it worth it?

Yes, that's all I can say. I use 8GB RAM in my system and it uses it all, well...not filled up though

Yo im about to say screw vista i have the 32 bit and 64 bit of win 7 i want to use 64 bit, will it use all 4 gigs of my ram? i know win 7 is faster than vista but is 64 bit even faster!!?
is it worth it?

64 bit will let you take full advantage of your memory, so you will gain performance..

generally if all system specs are the same (and the 32 bit OS can take full advantage of the installed memory) there is no notable difference between 32/64 bit versions of the same OS....

ok...soooo....not to sound like a total 11 year old nub...

could someone please, out of the kindness of there heart, go into great detail on here, or in a pm to me, on how to get the RC W7 64 Bit onto a blank dvd, and then installing it as a secondary boot drive, so i could still have my XP Pro 32 on my comp. Thanks...

I really wanna try out w7 in 64 bit, like, badly. And um not all that great on creating boot devices or CDs with dual booting ect...

64 bit will let you take full advantage of your memory, so you will gain performance..

generally if all system specs are the same (and the 32 bit OS can take full advantage of the installed memory) there is no notable difference between 32/64 bit versions of the same OS....

Whether 2gb or 4gb the one thing noticed between the two RCs here is the slight drag seen with the 32bit due to seeing more information sent out to the drive. The 64bit Windows instead see more kept in the active ram reducing the time it takes for processing in general.

But you may tend to see just a bit more memory used when looking at the processes tab in the taskmanager or other system monitoring tool. That tends to scare people into believing they need far more memory then required like seeing 8gb for running 2gb worth of apps.

ok...soooo....not to sound like a total 11 year old nub...

could someone please, out of the kindness of there heart, go into great detail on here, or in a pm to me, on how to get the RC W7 64 Bit onto a blank dvd, and then installing it as a secondary boot drive, so i could still have my XP Pro 32 on my comp. Thanks...

I really wanna try out w7 in 64 bit, like, badly. And um not all that great on creating boot devices or CDs with dual booting ect...

If you download the ISO file and then burn it to a DVD with a program such as ImgBurn all you have to do is boot from the disk or run the disk while its in your system and click on setup.

If you want to run dual boot you will have to first make a partition on your Hard drive and then install it on that partition.

If you run the installer for a custom install while booted in Windows forget having the RC see itself as C when booted into it. You'll end seeing the next available drive letter like F, G, H, and not be able to change to C since that will still be taken by your present copy of Windows.

When booting up from a dvd burned or usb key made up for this to custom select a second partition or drive then the C drive letter will be used for that type of installation. Then the other previous install will be seen as D, E, F depending on what other drives are present.

If you have a usb flash drive I came across a good read for seeing 7 installed by booting from that rather then burning and tossing, burning again if a bad burn and then the eventual toss once 7 is out anyways. http://digg.com/microsoft/How_to_Create_a_Windows_7_Installation_USB_Key

Back
Top Bottom