I decided to get a rifle.

good luck finding that ammo anywhere. There is a national shortage for 7.62x39.

Really? Seems a bit odd with how much of it exists worldwide, however it's mainly Russian made, and I can see the US being very strict importing it.

Also 5.56x45 is designed to maim, not kill. It doesn't have the power to kill in alot of situation's, it seriously lacks power in comparasion to other rounds. Although, it is half the weight of what it replaced (7.62x45), which means you can carry twice the ammo. Killing someone in a war takes one person out of the battle. Wounding a person means you need two people to carry him out of there, a medic to treat him, people to drive, etc. In a conventional war, it's not who wins the battle, it's who has the power to keep starting battles.

I also find firearms for home defense amusing. Theives in the US are scared as hell of being shot by some trigger happy "good" person, and that's the entire reason they carry firearms themselves. Manouvering a large weapon around the average house is hard, alot of the time in a house (moreso when dark) a knife or baseball bat has the advantage.

I have been thinking about getting a rifle and pistol, but it's a bit more complicated in Canada. I can posess a pistol, however it needs to remain in a locked safe at all times when not in transit to a range. Everytime you go to a range with a pistol (restricted firearm) you also need to clear it with the police, and take a direct route. In the next year or so I may get a small caliber rifle (likely a .22) because of the price of ammo and possibly a pistol.

I'm not worried about home defense here though, in Canada the thought of someone breaking into a house and shooting you is absurd, unless you have done something that warrants it (ex robbing a drug dealer). I'm more worried about zombies or some end of world scenario than home invasions. People that rob your house do it to get money, not to kill.

I have a rifle, just because I like shooting. I still suck though.

My first and only gun as of now is a Savage Arms .17 HMR.

IMG_3688.jpg

FC2 anyone?

lol

Depends on what you plan on doing with it...

My uncle recently got a BADASS DPMS .223 Sportical. He uses it to kill coyotes around our farm, he's was putting every round through a quarter from 200 yards when we sighted it in. .223 rounds aren't to terribly expensive, however there are definatly other calibers that are cheaper. I like ArrizX's suggestion:)

Really? Seems a bit odd with how much of it exists worldwide, however it's mainly Russian made, and I can see the US being very strict importing it.

Well, there was a few months ago. Everyone was buying all that assault rifle ammo up, and assault rifles themselves. They were all afraid obama was going to reinstate the gun ban law from Clintons reign. He tried, but congress shut him down. Since that ban will no longer happen, sales must have slowed.

I have a ww2 m1 carbine and m1 garand.. great guns to target shoot with

Depends on what you plan on doing with it...

My uncle recently got a BADASS DPMS .223 Sportical. He uses it to kill coyotes around our farm, he's was putting every round through a quarter from 200 yards when we sighted it in. .223 rounds aren't to terribly expensive, however there are definatly other calibers that are cheaper. I like ArrizX's suggestion:)

Thanks. I just figured that if I we are able to take back our rifles my mom asked some friends of ours to hold onto, I'll TRY and convince my mom to let me keep one of the AR-15's or Sig Sawyer's seeing as we have approximately what looks like a ton of rounds for it, 2 30-round clips, and the rifle itself (if it's not sold).

But seriously, this is all of our .223 Remington compared next to one of my PSU's. This is ALOT of ammo. Maybe not as much as I had originally thought, but this is still a freaking hell of a lot of ammo and I REALLY hope we can still the get the gun it goes with. :D :D

EDIT: My mom said there's no way she's going to let me keep a gun in the apartment. So since I'm really sorta freaked out about most everyone having a gun and me not having one, I'm considering one of two things. #1- quitting school and getting my GED and moving into my own place downtown a little OR #2- Not having defense and run the risk of getting shot to death and having to life...literally.
So I think you would know when I stand in this position. It's just not the one I have to be in. But I have to. This is pathetic.
DSCF0344.jpg

First off that isnt that much ammo. That could easily be shot in one day of heavy target shooting/sighting in/messing around.

Anyways, I think you're a little paranoid about this getting killed thing. You made it 17 years, you'll make it the next one or two before you get out of the house. Dont drop out of school because you think you need self defense. Odds are good you really, really don't. Unless you're white upper class living in black poverty. Then you wouldnt have enough ammo.

It's about 600-700 rounds. Enough for most self-protection. And yeah, I've been told I am very paranoid. But I suppose that comes from my dad breaking into our house so many times. And also, before the apartment we live in now (which is not great), we used live in houses in nice areas. Now we don't and there's absolutely like no ammo in my town whatsoever. I just want something.

Here. This is one of the BEST self defense weapons out there. And you wont piss anyone off by having it.

And you would have saved me alot of confusion about the paranoia thing if you told us about your dad sooner, lol. But the fact is you are freaking paranoid and this is your relality check. You dont need to shoot someone at your age. Youd be effed for life. And I dont care how big or tough anyone is. I have almost this exact same baton. It will beat someone stupid if you dont hit like a girl.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ZBB663-1.html

I have one, but I got mine cause my brother gave it to me. You'll like it alot.

Back
Top Bottom