Billion= Trillion in Britian?

Doesn't make sense...
A trillion is a lot more than a billion, so how can the money add up to much more somewhere else?

Unless it's because of the simple fact that £1 could = £2 somewhere else for example, in which case, that does make sense.

Sand and money are not the same things though. And sand is sand. Not all money is the same money. You are comparing different things that cannot be compared in that manner. Compare trees and money. Much better. Lol.

It's a metaphor lol

Hmm. . .
Me thinks superman22x may have left out a bit of important information in the original post.

Was the Spanish teacher discussing the differences in the conversion of monetary value between the two countries?

No... I put everything in. He probably left something out when he told us. He always tells us random facts that don't make any sense...
I was sort spacing off when he said it, but when he said, "1 billion = 1 trillion." I spoke up real quick, "Mr. Valdez, WTH are you talking about?!? Doesn't make any sense." And he repeated it. I think he was making something up, or he misheard it. He tells us things like this a lot.

He is trying really hard to learn english and all and all about the different forms of english... He still says, "Can you mind?" Instead of, "Can you imagine?" We never corrected him on that, cause it's so funny... But he does random things, and takes things the wrong way a lot...

That really doesn't make any sense at all. So, by your teacher's logic, 1 trillion grains of sand in the United States is equal to 1 billion grains of sand in the UK. :rolleyes:

No , but one trillion grains of sand in the USA is equal to one billion grains of sand in spain
As i said before its to do with the different ways of incrementing numbers once you get to a million

Besides which sand wouldnt be measured/sold by the number of grains but by weight

Back
Top Bottom