cheap(er) computer

Static is not a myth. I touched my motherboard while it was starting up because i was making sure the one fan was plugged into the mobo and all you hear is a ZZT and my computer shuts down and wrong go on for 5 mins

lucky, mine didn't go back on.

i was looking at this other build video, and he plugged in the PSU into a grounded outlet to ground his case... would that be a good precautionary thing to do?

oh, and if im overclocking... should i get an aftermarket cooler?

Just keep your kuma @ 3.0ghz, you wont need an aftermarket cooler if you stay @ 3.0ghz.

so... i should probably pay the 6 dollars or whatever for a static wristband??

Wtf, dude static is really a myth, holysky's comp shut off while he was plugging a fan in while his com was on, which is stupid.

Just touch the metal of your case every few minutes while your building

Just keep your kuma @ 3.0ghz, you wont need an aftermarket cooler if you stay @ 3.0ghz.

Wtf, dude static is really a myth, holysky's comp shut off while he was plugging a fan in while his com was on, which is stupid.

Just touch the metal of your case every few minutes while your building

are you positive? lol

so basically, you run that prime95 thing or whatever for a long amount of time to see if your overclock is stable or not??

No, ground you computer with the PSU

DON'T TOUCH YOUR MOBO WHILE IT IS ON

read my other post about aftermarket cooling

ok... so once i seal everything up, i should be fine? so i dont have to get that band then??

hmmm... who to trust with my cpu.... you or prodigy....

Well idk man pay $6 for something you dont need.

My brothers been building comps for 10 years and hes never touched the metal part of a case nor had a static wristband, and hes never had any part fail due to static

Well idk man pay $6 for something you dont need.

My brothers been building comps for 10 years and hes never touched the metal part of a case nor had a static wristband, and hes never had any part fail due to static

so... what u guys are saying is... plug in PSU once i start build... and touch the metal sides of the case every 5 minutes or whatever?

ok... sweet.... thanks for all of your guys help =]

any other tips for me, because you guys are obviously waaay above my level lol

i can use ANY tips for first boot procedures, OC, driver install, virus software, etc etc..... please... any help would be great

OK

when you first start up pop the OS disk in and load that all up

then go to Nvidia.com and download your Nvidia drivers for your card

Virus i recommend AVG free 8.5 or Avast

Steam lol

you might want to flash your bios also

Back
Top Bottom