LA Officer kicks suspect in the head

The actions of that officer were completely out of line. One thing we are taught in the Academy is to control our emotions while dealing with the general public. There's many a times we would prefer to put a bullet between their eyes, However, We can't do that, and must leave them to our in my eyes, shitty justice system. It's hard to say what was going through that officers mind while pursuing the suspect. Was he thinking of the children walking down the street that could of been one of his own, and this suspect had no regard for them? Could he of become enraged at the danger the suspect was putting him and his team at? It's hard to say, But thats the role we take on when we pin on that badge, but this officer clearly displayed a lack of control.

There are many flaws in any system that is placed as a foundation for any company, However, Law Enforcement takes the cake for being immediately in the media and publics eye.

The actions of that officer were completely out of line. One thing we are taught in the Academy is to control our emotions while dealing with the general public. There's many a times we would prefer to put a bullet between their eyes, However, We can't do that, and must leave them to our in my eyes, shitty justice system. It's hard to say what was going through that officers mind while pursuing the suspect. Was he thinking of the children walking down the street that could of been one of his own, and this suspect had no regard for them? Could he of become enraged at the danger the suspect was putting him and his team at? It's hard to say, But thats the role we take on when we pin on that badge, but this officer clearly displayed a lack of control.

There are many flaws in any system that is placed as a foundation for any company, However, Law Enforcement takes the cake for being immediately in the media and publics eye.

But it's not just "a company"... It's the Law Enforcement part of the government.. The watch dogs so to speak. I see then as part of the government not just a company.. That would be like Google.

Well said. Now that Computer Forums' Resident Cop has spoken, this thread is done. :p

That's all well and good if the system works but it doesn't. If it did you wouldn't have murderers rapists or pedophiles being released on parole. This bloke in the video probably got a slap on the wrist and told not to do it again. The so called system is a joke.

But the system of justice is not as flawed as the system that you invisage where cops are allowed to use unmetered violence against suspects who they are arresting . I mean would you have a different opinion of this id the cop had stamped on the criminals head or if they had let the dog attack the criminal where would the limits be in your view with the cops acting like this
As for the bloke in the video im afraid to say who are we to speculate on what punishment he got we dont know
As for murderers and pedophiles being released on parole that is for the decision of a parole board and if they are not fulfilling their function then of course they deserve some form of sanctions not the criminals themselves and certainly not in an informal and unmetered way like this

That was undeserved.

However there are many of times where the suspect totally deserves it and it doesnt happen. Cops should be less of mediators and more ass kickers. I have no faith in people. I think everyone should get what they deserve.

Then there are times where cops are worse than criminals ArrizX. Some cops catch criminals with drugs, steal the drugs and sell the drugs back to the neighborhood.

Cops have the most power, and with that power they can be as dirty as a criminal.

I'm not sure I agree with the officer's actions, but it's not as bad as when this officer kicked this girls ass for kicking her shoes at him.

I'm not sure I agree with the officer's actions, but it's not as bad as when this officer kicked this girls ass for kicking her shoes at him.

Now that's just wrong. I don't care if she tried to punch him. You don't knock a girl's ass to the ground unless she points a gun in your face. You could seriously just hold her hand and you would be fine and she would be under control.

Well said. Now that Computer Forums' Resident Cop has spoken, this thread is done. :p

I was quite looking forward to Americansensis post as he'd at least have a better understanding of what's reasonable and permissable, and what it's like to be in a situation.

Now that's just wrong. I don't care if she tried to punch him. You don't knock a girl's ass to the ground unless she points a gun in your face. You could seriously just hold her hand and you would be fine and she would be under control.
Yes, because a girl wouldn't hurt a fly of course.

if I throw something at a cop then they can kick my arse to the ground, but if my sister did it the cop has to say, "please don't throw things at me"?
that's complete bull. a girl/woman can be just as violent or threatening as a boy/man.
and that threat should be treated in the same way.

Back
Top Bottom