cheap(er) computer

Prodigy said that the antec 300 had 3 fans. I was just pointing out that has 2 fans in different places. I think you would be fine with the Cooler Master you have now.

yeah... but the shipping difference DOES even it out... cuz it is probably a lot to ship a computer case lol

i think i would probably like a bigger hard drive (500-640ish), but a 400w is a fine psu....

320GB should be fine man, And its a really fast hard drive.

The OCZ has 344watts total on its 12volt rails (12v28a) Which is more than enough to power your system. You could even upgrade to a quad core processor with that psu, But if you upgrade your video card in the future (GTX 280, RV870 etc) you would need a new psu.

320GB should be fine man, And its a really fast hard drive.

The OCZ has 344watts total on its 12volt rails (12v28a) Which is more than enough to power your system. You could even upgrade to a quad core processor with that psu, But if you upgrade your video card in the future (GTX 280, RV870 etc) you would need a new psu.

ok.... yeah.... but is that video card better than a 9800gt??

so do i have a legitimate excuse to be afraid of building a computer? i mean, ive never even LOOKED inside of one before (can't figure out how to get these damn prebuilt cases off >:O ) i think i can build it with the help of the motherboard manual... but im more scared of what will happen after i build it (BIOS setup, boot, OS+driver install, etc)

May I recommend this case? After the rebate, it cost less than either of those cases. Although I don't know how much you are into the "blingy" computer cases, but I'm getting this as soon as I can afford it. :D

May I recommend this case? After the rebate, it cost less than either of those cases. Although I don't know how much you are into the "blingy" computer cases, but I'm getting this as soon as I can afford it. :D

yeah... i was looking at that one before... what do u think prodigy... those LED's do look nice... but my nasty cable management will probably make it look bad lol

ok.... yeah....

so do i have a legitimate excuse to be afraid of building a computer? i mean, ive never even LOOKED inside of one before (can't figure out how to get these damn prebuilt cases off >:O ) i think i can build it with the help of the motherboard manual... but im more scared of what will happen after i build it (BIOS setup, boot, OS+driver install, etc)

The BIOS is all reconfigured. The only chance you should ever need to make is changing boot order to get your OS to install from the DVD. But that's truly cake. Even for a beginner. And OS and driver install just requires simple googling, research, and following instructions. The hardest part about building a computer is installing a motherboard. And it's pretty easy. Don't worry, you'll be fine. But if you do feel like you need help, you always have us to ask questions.

The BIOS is all reconfigured. The only chance you should ever need to make is changing boot order to get your OS to install from the DVD. But that's truly cake. Even for a beginner. And OS and driver install just requires simple googling, research, and following instructions. The hardest part about building a computer is installing a motherboard. And it's pretty easy. Don't worry, you'll be fine. But if you do feel like you need help, you always have us to ask questions.

ive just had REALLY bad luck with drivers not working, or failing in the past... and i always have system restore - but this time i dont, and im afraid....

fixing the memory frequency and clocks kind of freaks me out too... why can't they just make it stock settings like it should be...? -.-

ive watched more videos than you could ever imagine... this is probably the thing ive done the most research on in my entire life... ive always wanted a good gaming computer, and i have never had one... and now that i kind of know how to build one, im like really excited (nerdy?)

I love that window, And the front looks really professional it would make your system really look custom built. But with the price and the shipping it would go over your budget, but the rebate would make up for it.Just depends if you can wait for the rebate. it would make it worth it.

And just so you know toxic, 63083 usually recommends good shit.

I love that window, And the front looks really professional it would make your system really look custom built. But with the price and the shipping it would go over your budget, but the rebate would make up for it.Just depends if you can wait for the rebate. it would make it worth it.

ok, thanks for the tip

yeah, its not like we are in a money crunch or anything... i just want to get a middle of the line gaming system for not that much money... i can wait for rebates, even though i dont like it >:O

and can you answer my question about the video card please... i know you have done so much already... and believe me, i thank you

Thanks Prodigy.

Back
Top Bottom