cheap(er) computer

ndatoxicity

Daemon Poster
hey everyone... i know ive been creating a lot of topics here... but i need some more help :X

my dad just recently told me he will help me out on the cost of the computer... which is great news... but im still kind of scared about building computers in general... so i want to make a cheap build now, and idk, ill probably just upgrade the parts in this one over time...

but the build i have right now is mostly figured out... except for the video card... i want to keep it as low as possible, but still be able to play games pretty well...

so far i have...

-COOLER MASTER Elite 330 RC-330-KKN1-GP Black SECC ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

-ASRock K10N78M AM3/AM2+/AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 8100 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard (don't like micro ATX... but will run everything i want... want as cheap a mobo as possible)

-BFG Tech BFGE96512GTOCBE GeForce 9600 GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card

-OCZ StealthXStream OCZ400SXS 400W ATX12V Active PFC Power Supply

-AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200 Brisbane 2.7GHz Socket AM2 65W Dual-Core Processor Model ADO5200DOBOX

-Patriot Viper 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model PVS24G6400LLKN

-Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3250410AS 250GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive

-Sony Optiarc 24X DVD/CD Rewritable Drive Black SATA Model AD-7240S-0B

OS will most likely be windows 7 RC 64-bit version...

Get 1066 RAM. That AMD platform will benefit from it. It should only be a few more dollars.

Get 1066 RAM. That AMD platform will benefit from it. It should only be a few more dollars.

np.... ill grab the RAM from my other build.... which is....

OCZ Platinum 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model OCZ2P10664GK

Well I think you should go for the 8800 gt because it is pretty much on par with the 9600 GT and can handle more of a load especially when playing games. but then again it depends on the size of your motherboard. you should think about getting a standard ATX motherboard instead of a micro ATX because you will face a lot of ssues later on that require you to upgrade the power supply which now may require an mATX form factor which are rarely even made nowadays.

The 8800GT destroys the 9600GT. But you really can't find them around anymore since they have been rebranded twice.

Well I think you should go for the 8800 gt because it is pretty much on par with the 9600 GT and can handle more of a load especially when playing games. but then again it depends on the size of your motherboard. you should think about getting a standard ATX motherboard instead of a micro ATX because you will face a lot of ssues later on that require you to upgrade the power supply which now may require an mATX form factor which are rarely even made nowadays.

you think its better than the 9600? cuz i dont really know video cards #.#

i was looking for a normal ATX board... but again, i want to keep this as low as possible... but i know, i dont want to sacrifice quality

Back
Top Bottom