Gfx card.

sniperviper21

Golden Master
ok, so um trying to get my Gf into comp gaming, since ofcourse it owns consol gaming, lol.

b/w..

I got a PNY 7600GS (512MB) laying around, an was gunn put it in her comp.

all i remember bout her comp is..

AMD 1.8 or 2Ghz.
512GB DDR2, 400Mhz,(i thk)
22in Westinghouse LCD (mine)
AGP slotted.

would you suspect that card with her pc specs to be able to run most older games. like, Halo PC, Guild Wars, an stuff?

with that setup she can run oblivion at kinda low settings with no grass and extras smoothly but at no more then 30FPS. Oldblivion may work out very fast for her.

I think there may be a fallout 3 mod coming out simalar to it I'm not sure..

games like WoW or LoTROL (they use the same engine) would work fine they work on intel GMA chips but they have glitches and blue screens. but since it's an NVIDIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111111111 it won't have any problems with that.... and it will run at 30-50 FPS with no problems......

Ya you shouldn't have much of a problem with any older games. i ran CoD world at war on my desktop with 3.0ghz and 512mb ram and a junky vid card. all you need to do if its causing any problems is lower the settings like cat said.

I would say go for the 7600 GT because it is more of a mid ranged card that would satisfy all your needs with no problems without going into extreme gaming mode.

It's an allright card that should do you allright becuase it's an

NVIDIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111111

I would say go for the 7600 GT because it is more of a mid ranged card that would satisfy all your needs with no problems without going into extreme gaming mode.

um not putting any money into her computer, i just have a spare GS that i can use.

Back
Top Bottom