Summer College Program

So I applied for the Stanford Summer College program about a week ago. Today, I went to log-in and check my status and it turns out I was accepted. Now my question is: Do I attend or not? It costs a little over $10k. At first, I thought that it was going to be something really hard to accomplish, but when I received an acceptance letter a week later (when the website said it would take about 3 weeks). I have a gut feeling that they're not filling the program as expected.

So I applied for the Stanford Summer College program about a week ago. Today, I went to log-in and check my status and it turns out I was accepted. Now my question is: Do I attend or not? It costs a little over $10k. At first, I thought that it was going to be something really hard to accomplish, but when I received an acceptance letter a week later (when the website said it would take about 3 weeks). I have a gut feeling that they're not filling the program as expected.

Well, this is my personal opinion, but if your gut has been right about most things in your past, trust it this time. If you think there's something fishy, then trust your gut. :)

Regardless of how easy it was to get in, I think the experience would be nice. However, I feel no better than before if more than 30% of the people who applied got in.

I feel no sense of accomplishment if I got into a program that was not competitive. Stanford pushed back the deadline for the application by two weeks. I got accepted a week after I applied when the website clearly stated it would be at least three. This leads me to think they're accepting anyone who applies because their program is not filling.

Ohh, now I got ya Joga. But yeah, I totally understand. It's only a sense of luck and accomplishment when you fight out were accepted into last remaining spot because of your qualifications. That's always a good feeling for sure. :D

seeing the economy now, not many people are able to afford to pay, and its also summer, some people just want to go out and do what they want to do.

$10K is a lot, thats more than my 1 year at a community college, heck even more than 2 years.

Go find some more information on it, and think it through. If you want to go, then just go.

Is this program always popular during the summer?

seeing the economy now, not many people are able to afford to pay, and its also summer, some people just want to go out and do what they want to do.

$10K is a lot, thats more than my 1 year at a community college, heck even more than 2 years.

Go find some more information on it, and think it through. If you want to go, then just go.

Is this program always popular during the summer?

Personally, with it being summer and all and not wanting to depress my wallet, I would drive up to a lake, camp on the edge, and just fish for a month. That's would I would do. Seriously. :)

Personally, with it being summer and all and not wanting to depress my wallet, I would drive up to a lake, camp on the edge, and just fish for a month. That's would I would do. Seriously. :)

I would too, but I decided to take part time summer school, I want to graduate as soon as possible, and go out to get a job. I found it odd that an IT is only an associates degree, but I'm assuming that's because I'm at an community college.

I would too, but I decided to take part time summer school, I want to graduate as soon as possible, and go out to get a job. I found it odd that an IT is only an associates degree, but I'm assuming that's because I'm at an community college.

I was thinking of doing that but at least here, every course you take in summer school costs $250. Which seems rediculous but oh well. I only have one more year till I a graduate. :D And yeah, IT is only an associates if you to community. But I'll take IT as an associate's at a community college vs IT as a bachelor's at a state college.

Back
Top Bottom