Posting in spam threads

DJ-CHRIS1

Golden Master
After dealing with the spam on CF for a while, something that we used to enforce more is starting to get out of hand.

People are posting in spam threads for whatever reason, without even reporting the thread, for whatever reason. If you see a spam thread, please use the report post feature and it's acceptable to post a single reply saying "reported" so other people know not to bother with reporting it.

We do the best we can to stop spam, but it's time for members to stop making it worse by repeatadly posting in the spam threads, bringing them to the top of the forum.

I'd say so at the least. 31 or so spam posts already today.

Yeah and 30 of them were the same person I reported one of them and did write in the post but my first word in the post was REPORTED. The spammer actually posted in his own post one a couple of them too.

I don't see a lot of spam on here. is there really a big problem with spam on here?

Maybe they should start IP bans so these spammers don't just go and create new accounts. I think people posting in spam threads just gives the spammer the attention they want and they will keep right on doing it.

I usually report without replying in them...makes the spam look like spam, and not a spam with crazy stuff in there that's already not needed.

Back
Top Bottom