God gets owned:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does any one know the story of how the Bible came to be?

http://www.allabouttruth.org/where-did-the-bible-come-from-faq.htm

http://www.covingtoninnovations.com/tough/tough5.html

I'd prefer you read the second one, as it has more reasons and answers to some of the questions already asked in this thread. The first link is a good summary though.

Now that is truely the worst reasoning I've ever seen.

if God didn't want it then it wouldn't happen,
but if bad stuff happens it's not necessarily Gods fault?
but the good stuff, well lets all thank god for that, why not thank God for cancer? why not thank god for death disease and accidents, surely God created all of them?

Understand this, as it is pretty tough for me as well. When Adam and Eve first sinned, that brought all of the imperfections into this world and allowed Satan to have free reign over the earth. Imagine what a place without God would be like; a place without a moral foundation, and hope. If God had withheld his goodness from us, then the world would be a whole lot worse but since he does answer prays (and leave some unanswered for the better), and gives us blessings, we consider that good and from him. "God permits adversity, he doesn't promote it." If everything was a walk in the park and there wasn't imperfections in this world, then the whole need of being dependant on a Savior would be void. Honestly, this is how it was intended in the beginning, for us to not have to have a savior but to interact with God without ever knowing sin. We'd already love and rely on him but now its a different story. Does that make sense?

Now that is truely the worst reasoning I've ever seen.

if God didn't want it then it wouldn't happen,
but if bad stuff happens it's not necessarily Gods fault?
but the good stuff, well lets all thank god for that, why not thank God for cancer? why not thank god for death disease and accidents, surely God created all of them?
Actually Christians are taught to thank God for everything. For everything has a reason. What I meant or was trying to say was.
God may allow the child to be killed, but that does not mean God put the bus there to kill him. Humans have free will, and they also make mistakes. That's why God must actually tell us, thou shall not kill. He may allow us to kill, but he does not want us to kill. Does that make more sense? I think I just didn't word it right before..

I understand that God created man and gave him free will, and it's man that chooses to sin or do bad things, so if a person decides to get into a car that's drunk that's a bad thing, and it's not God that made that happen, but mans choice.

The point is that when something good happens that's because God has made that happen? and we should thank God?
yet when something bad happens we have to curse Satan because God doesn't do bad things man and Satan do bad things?

But what about when something good happens, such as someone who finds conceiving a child gets pregnant, we thank God for that, because it's a miracle and it's good.
but then that person miscarries that child, should we curse God for not letting a good thing happen? or does God just pick and choose what good thing he wants to happen?

but surely God created all.

including the angels,
God gave the angels free will and those that chose to rebel against God that were cast into their own kingdom of Hell were created by God also?
So god created demons too? including Satan?
So God created sin?

I know that this is not true, because religion doesn't follow logic like that.

It really seems to me like saying God created the world with all it's imperfections and some people get a better deal than others is like me littering my path with bear traps, and when a postman gets killed stepping back and saying "not my fault gov, he had a choice whether he stepped in the trap or not".

Understand this, as it is pretty tough for me as well. When Adam and Eve first sinned, that brought all of the imperfections into this world and allowed Satan to have free reign over the earth. Imagine what a place without God would be like; a place without a moral foundation, and hope. If God had withheld his goodness from us, then the world would be a whole lot worse but since he does answer prays (and leave some unanswered for the better), and gives us blessings, we consider that good and from him. "God permits adversity, he doesn't promote it." If everything was a walk in the park and there wasn't imperfections in this world, then the whole need of being dependant on a Savior would be void. Honestly, this is how it was intended in the beginning, for us to not have to have a savior but to interact with God without ever knowing sin. We'd already love and rely on him but now its a different story. Does that make sense?

I imagine a place without god everyday. Most of the world isn't christian, and theirs huge peices of the world that are non christian and are more peaceful and less violent than predominatly christian countrys. Human's do just fine without religion.

Well.. God created Angels and they too had free will. One of the angels, Lucifer a very high ranking angel. Decided he was like God and better, so he was cast out of heaven following him was 1/3rd of the angels in heaven. Those angels where then called demons also known as fallen angels. So in a sense God did create sin because he created Lucifer but it is Lucifer that brings it upon the world. All started with the snake(serpent) telling Eve to eat the apple.

Well.. God created Angels and they too had free will. One of the angels, Lucifer a very high ranking angel. Decided he was like God and better, so he was cast out of heaven following him was 1/3rd of the angels in heaven. Those angels where then called demons also known as fallen angels. So in a sense God did create sin because he created Lucifer but it is Lucifer that brings it upon the world. All started with the snake(serpent) telling Eve to eat the apple.

I wouldn't say God created sin. Satan made it as a result from his pride.

I imagine a place without god everyday. Most of the world isn't christian, and theirs huge peices of the world that are non christian and are more peaceful and less violent than predominatly christian countrys. Human's do just fine without religion.

Please give me an example.

:eek:BAHAHAHAHA! You believe China is peaceful?! Less Violent?! Lol.. That is just funny. Mind you they have the largest hacker communities in the world.

Uh, so them having the largest hacker community in the world makes them violent? The government is better suited than religion to create peace. Look at Europe for instance. Look at their laws on guns. I highly doubt they are more peaceful because they are more religious.

:eek:BAHAHAHAHA! You believe China is peaceful?! Less Violent?! Lol.. That is just funny. Mind you they have the largest hacker communities in the world.

I didn't say less violent, but it's a socitey that's non christian and not very violent, and is overall fairly peaceful. Also the same can be said for a bunch of smaller countrys that don't have Christianity as there religion and are peaceful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom