Microsoft Confirms Holiday Release For Windows 7

burn420... never heard of em.....

and apples aren't grapes, they have bad seeds with cyanide in them.....

Mate,have you even OWNED Let alone USED an iMac?

They are more reliable than windows and possibly even linux based machines.

They are more powerful than windows based machines under some circumstances (Video Editing for one,Graphic Design).

They weren't designed with gaming in mind,they were designed for Business people,people in the multimedia industry (Video,Audio,Graphic) and students.

Lastly,I would drop your attitude.Being rude to several members for no reason and deliberately starting an argument like that will not be tolerated and WILL Get you banned.

TBH, i wanna get W7 badly, for 64 bit, and DX 10, shure vista can do that to, but i havnt updated OS since.... 03/04?

Mate,have you even OWNED Let alone USED an iMac?

They are more reliable than windows and possibly even linux based machines.

They are more powerful than windows based machines under some circumstances (Video Editing for one,Graphic Design).

They are not at all more reliable than linux based computers, and I'd even say they can be less reliable than windows. I have had software on mac's beachball countless times, far more than any windows app lockups I have on my box, as well as a few kernel panic's and system lockups, keyboards stop being detected, etc. I'd say windows and OS X stability are around the same, but linux stability for the large part beats the hell outta macs.

I woudn't say they are more powerful than windows based machinnes under some circumstances. With the switch to Intel, they lost the advantage of the PowerPC archeticture which could be faster than x86 in alot of circumstances.

The one thing mac's used to have was great out of box usability for professional applications, audio applications would work better due to the lack of background stuff happening in the OS. Unfortunetly this died off in 10.5 and people now have to tweak the OS. Also, Coreaudio is better than windows WDM, but nowadays any professional audio applications use ASIO which is just as good as if not better than coreaudio.

You can't blame the end user when Microsoft comes up with an ingenious feature labeled UAC.

When Windows Vista was first released, I felt they really missed the mark on their listed promises. When I navigated through the menus, I felt some things were changed just for the sake of change. It's pretty obvious too. They made the Control Panel more complicated than it needed to me, and simply made the user navigate through more menus and icons.

I thought UAC was actually helpful. Sometimes if you accidentally start up a program that you didn't intend to start you can close it by telling UAC to shut it down before it even starts up. Kinda handy from time to time.

Yeah, Vista was kinda rushed when it first released which sucks since a lot of the features they promised were taken out for the sake of meeting deadlines.

buying a compie you cant game on is like entering a marathon with only one leg.

TOTAL FAIL

That has to be one of the weakest arguments I've ever seen for a Windows vs. OS X debate.

Not everyone who uses Macs necessarily are gamers and even if you wanted the option there are plenty of games that run natively on OS X. Hell, you can even use Boot Camp if you wanted to...
:rolleyes:

You can't blame the end user when Microsoft comes up with an ingenious feature labeled UAC.
Damn, MS can't win. People kept on whining about wanting security, MS gave it to then when they added UAC as an option in Vista, and then everyone whines about it...

Yeah. I mean sure, you can turn it off but if you negligently run a program that releases a trojan horse or virus its your fault.

byte me

also another thing that pissed me off about apple

the dumbed down interface fad they created....

they dumb down thier ipods and thier OS...

the iphone is a joke compared to most other smartphones. and even in japan they laugh at the iphone.

and they ruiened the mp3 player market becuase they dominate it with good marketing, rather then features in the players themselves.

innovative marketing, average products.... as bland and average as can be.

all vouged up and hyped up for the rich-tards to buy into this "glam" image....

my sansa fuze kicks the shit out of a ipod any day. hell people are replaceing the shitty ipood software with rockbox since it sucks so bad. apple didn't even bother with half the features my mp3 player has like a fresking SD card slot. you know apple will never have one of those on thier mp3 players since they want you to buy new ipods every damn year while my player will not be obsolete that soon since I can just load up some SD cards and there-more songs!

betcha your ipood can't do that...

can it also sync effortlessly with most media software and not be tied down with itunes? can it sync with native wpl media player playlists?

becuase wmp is a pretty good media player app and I like it, canot say the same for itunes.....

my mp3 player also has DSPs on it as well. I can also put rockbox on it but I haven't gotten to it yet and give it even more features.

and apple basically puts one moderate feature on thier ipods every year just to make you buy them every year.... ever hear of another media player company do this? nope they add even more and not every freaking year.

so go ahead and fill your house and closets with old ipods and waste your money on a logo and an image....

theris people in NYC living in sudio apartments with eviction notices becuase they chose to be two months overdue in rent just to get the latest iphone and macbook..... there's people who eat ramen noodles and live in thier parent's basements that have 4 mac pro workstations....

but thier sooooo hip becuase they have a mac......

Back
Top Bottom