What's the latest on GPUs?

It's a downloadable ISO that you burn to a DVD. You then install it like any other OS.

Have a look: Windows 7 Release Candidate: Download instructions

hmm then ill do that. i hear good things about windows 7 anyways.

OK, so OS is taken care of but im wondering about the dimensions of the case and its airflow.

What do you guys think about it? I'll probably order the components tonight before I go to bed if everything checks out

The Cooler Master Centurion 5 is a very good case. I'm using the Cavalier which is just a fancier version of that case. It has very good airflow.

The Antec 300 is another great case with larger fans and plenty of room.

Quick Question:

Will Windows 7 RC allow me to play games? Will it have all the functionality of an OS like Vista or XP?

Yes. Everything you can do in vista and xp you can do in Windows 7. Windows 7 even has an "Xp Mode" in case something isnt compatible, you need virtualization enabled to use this feature though

Does anyone have any intel motherboard and case recommendations?

I have the DP35DP Intel media board. I have a core2duo cpu in it now and looking to put a quad in later. It's an all usb/sata board and will not support ps/2 keyboard or mouse. In 64bit mode it struts it's stuff.
But if you want to go over the top there are other boards they offer on the high end. www.intel.com

Back
Top Bottom