Microsoft Confirms Holiday Release For Windows 7

I am sick of people complaing about vista though. most of thier problems are ID10T errors. Most people don't know how to optimise thier computers and they complain and blame the OS when it is themselves. not just vista is a victim of this but xp and all OSes. learn how to use it and then it'll treat you good.
mym mom's laptop has vista 32bit even and it works nicely... after I tweaked a few things for her and it works fine. she rarely asks me anything about it.

You can't blame the end user when Microsoft comes up with an ingenious feature labeled UAC.

When Windows Vista was first released, I felt they really missed the mark on their listed promises. When I navigated through the menus, I felt some things were changed just for the sake of change. It's pretty obvious too. They made the Control Panel more complicated than it needed to me, and simply made the user navigate through more menus and icons.

You can't blame the end user when Microsoft comes up with an ingenious feature labeled UAC.

When Windows Vista was first released, I felt they really missed the mark on their listed promises. When I navigated through the menus, I felt some things were changed just for the sake of change. It's pretty obvious too. They made the Control Panel more complicated than it needed to me, and simply made the user navigate through more menus and icons.

I think the same thing happened to GTA IV. I think it was just over hyped. Once people seen problems with it they flipped.

well for starters the ui is boring...

second of all too expensive 1000 bucks for an entry level laptop is outrageous when i can get two cheap ones or one really good one for the same price.... and the mac pros start at 1400 bucks and were like the system I sold to my sister last year that was 2 years old.....

3rd of all you gotta pay for just about anything on a mac that is normally free on windows and then they charge you for each app you make if you use the very few apple sdk. (royalties)

then of course the lack of gaming support....

and the culture is stuck up iholes that think they are better then anyone else because they have a mac. literally. this iculture is bad.

some guy with a mac walks up to me in a coffee house and called me a cheap trash for using an acer laptop and he spit on the ground next to me. I popped him one in the face. he was mid 30s exec type.....

and you can barely do anything with a mac. you cannot configure it much and you are stuck with a boring white box that "just works" and nothing more. can you even get into the system files at all on it?

and the DRM on the newer ones is horrendous.

Source

Microsoft Announcement

Well i dont really see what the big deal is.. Windows 7 doesnt bring anything new to the table except that the gui looks prettier than vista.

Then you are not too familiar with some other developments that will be seen in W7? "Will Windows 7 Overcome Anti-Virus Fear and Loathing?" http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Security/Will-Windows-7-Overcome-AntiVirus-Fear-and-Loathing-844295/

For the novice home user not sharp on seeing additional protections put inplace and running into bad sites or opening attachments on strange emails MS seems to have taken there as well. Once you've the RCs running available now until 6/30 you won't want to go back to either XP or Vista when seeing a good install and everything running well.

Christmas time is one of the key times for buying new computers though. And they said in time for the holiday season, so that people buying computers as presents would be able to have Win7 on them.

That's precisely what MS was looking at rather then delaying things until 1/31/2010 like Vista saw in 2007. The thought on that is that retail sales of new model desktops and laptops alike would slump due to the way the economy has slowed.

well for starters the ui is boring...

:rolleyes:

second of all too expensive 1000 bucks for an entry level laptop is outrageous when i can get two cheap ones or one really good one for the same price

Who said the MacBook isn't a good machine in its own right? You may consider it too expensive, but others don't. If it suits their needs, why not splurge?

I'd also like to see a computer that's comparable to a MacBook at half the price like you claim. $600.00 would be your budget.

.... and the mac pros start at 1400 bucks and were like the system I sold to my sister last year that was 2 years old.....

The Mac Pro is targeted towards a different audience. It isn't a consumer computer.

3rd of all you gotta pay for just about anything on a mac that is normally free on windows and then they charge you for each app you make if you use the very few apple sdk. (royalties)

Nvu, NeoOffice, Jing, VLC, and Gimp are all free applications I have on my Mac.

00000032.png

then of course the lack of gaming support....

Everyone knows Mac OS isn't targeted towards gamers. If you must game, use Bootcamp.

and the culture is stuck up iholes that think they are better then anyone else because they have a mac. literally. this iculture is bad.

...and what are you doing right now? From the looks of it, I could say the same about Windows users.

some guy with a mac walks up to me in a coffee house and called me a cheap trash for using an acer laptop and he spit on the ground next to me. I popped him one in the face. he was mid 30s exec type.....

:eek:

and you can barely do anything with a mac. you cannot configure it much and you are stuck with a boring white box that "just works" and nothing more. can you even get into the system files at all on it?

00000031.png

Sorry for skewing this thread Prodigy146, but I'm not going to let someone spew random crap and claim it as the truth.

Back
Top Bottom