God gets owned:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with Rohan. Please close the thread. My points have been made, and so have other peoples'. This will now just turn into a flame fest, of which I did not want it to. Sorry everyone.
Had you started the thread then I'd have happily closed it when you asked, but simply stating I've said my piece now close the thread so that nobody else can have their say, I don't think that's the way that a forum should work.

No do not close it , why is it that we cannot have a mature debate around here without it resulting in flaming
I'm quite sure that we can have a normal debate without it turning to flames, (prove me wrong whilst I'm sleeping and i'll ban you in the morning).

Please do not bring sexual preference into this thread. I have a lot of gay friends which I will stand up for until the day I die. I will flame the shit out of anyone. Religion is a business. The clergy manipulated people and took condolences. How come the men and woman spreading the name of "god", don't fear it themselves? It always has been and always will be. When a doctor saves a person's life, why do you thank "god?" I didn't see him come down here and perform the surgery. The bible has many contradictions in it. I highly suggest we just close this thread now.
The whole thread is about seual preferences and religion.

in case you missed the first post,

some woman Doctor whoever she is, went on record saying that homosexuality is really really bad because it says so in the book of Lev,
the quote in the first post is from a guy saying, yes well the book of lev also says this this and this, (things that we now accept are wrong).

it's tongue in cheek, it's a sarcastic way of saying there are lots of things that are in religious texts that we now don't like the thought of, it's the 21st century, and the idea of sacrificing animals seems backwards, having slaves is unthinkable, selling your children into slavery is abhorrent, in fact this things are not only things that you wouldn't even think of doing today, but they are all illegal as well.

The question is when the rest of the text in the book of lev will become unthinkable, and stop being quoted as the religious law, and the absolute word of god.

Do you mean Mohammed? Do you know that the Islamic religion is the only religion to be proven by science? Not all of it, just the majority.

I'm not sure I know what you mean, please enlighten me. Science is very atheistic and they insist life started from the inorganic without a higher power. Islam suggests otherwise.

I'm quite sure that we can have a normal debate without it turning to flames, (prove me wrong whilst I'm sleeping and i'll ban you in the morning).
Well i never intend to and never have personally become involved in flaming and have certainly never been banned for such

So this is an open question to many of the various people posting here.

You have stated many times that such things as "homosexuality" and "sodomy" in general are sin's and immoral. Besides some books saying it's a "sin", what else is wrong about it? Why does god apparently forbid it?

So this is an open question to many of the various people posting here.

You have stated many times that such things as "homosexuality" and "sodomy" in general are sin's and immoral. Besides some books saying it's a "sin", what else is wrong about it? Why does god apparently forbid it?

This should help. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodomy#Bible
Did not read the whole thing so I'm not sure how accurate it is. But I did read quite a bit.

as far as im concerned any one 2day who does not respect every humans right to choose weather or not they want to be gay believe in god get married or do what ever they feel is right as long as it does not effect others in a negative way is just plain ignorant
what ever float your boat just dont sail it in my sea
best quote ever^
and celegorm i wanna see her to haha

I'm talking in a logical perspective, not just some rule that says it's bad. That there, does nothing but say somebody didnt like it. I'm asking WHY it's "bad, sin, etc"
Well God as pretty much made it clear what is bad and what is not.
You should look at it more of what God is saying as sins. Not just "what a book says". That is why a lot of people call it. "God's word". As for it saying "Yo.. Sodomy is like.. A bad thing.. Don't do that". Of course it doesn't say that.. But in other words it does say that. Exactly? Probably not. But to an extent. All of the "bad" things.. Are usually written somewhere in there. Having it be my faith and not my profession I don't know exactly where.
Which is really.. No excuse.. I should know right of hand which verse and line..

People don't choose to be gay, which is a well established scientific fact.

Secondly, who would want to be gay? I know a ton of people that are gay, lesbian, bisexual and and for the main part, none of them ever wanted to be that way. Most struggled, hiding it in secrecy, wishing they could be straight. I can't think of many people that like to be discriminated against by a large portion of socitey, coming out of the closet often has a very negative affect in there group of friends and family, often loosing friends and being disowned by there family. If your in school and come out, you will be taunted and some people won't even talk to you, even in the most accepting liberal schools in North America.

Many people can never cope with the fact that they are gay, lesbian, bisexual, etc. Gay male youth are over three times more likely to commit suicide, unable to cope with the fact that there are gay. And that's nothing in comparison to Iran, where that if you are discovered to be gay, they will hang you up to die, people are hung every year because they are gay.

To "choose" to be gay, espisally in some of the world, you'd have to be totally nuts.

Well God as pretty much made it clear what is bad and what is not.
You should look at it more of what God is saying as sins. Not just "what a book says". That is why a lot of people call it. "God's word". As for it saying "Yo.. Sodomy is like.. A bad thing.. Don't do that". Of course it doesn't say that.. But in other words it does say that. Exactly? Probably not. But to an extent. All of the "bad" things.. Are usually written somewhere in there. Having it be my faith and not my profession I don't know exactly where.
Which is really.. No excuse.. I should know right of hand which verse and line..

How and why is it bad though? Besides "god" saying it's bad. That's all I am asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom