Lasers

Ahh, I thought you meant that they where like "Oh hey! It's a dude with a laser! Coool!" :p

I confine my laser use to the privacy of my own home and the above pictures are for educational purposes only, I take sole responsibility for the above photos and had no intention of doing any harm to anybody/thing. Nobody/thing was harmed in the taking of the above photographs.

Having said that, I don't think it's illegal just to point a laser at the sky, but it definitely is highly illegal to point them at any type of aircraft which I have never done or intended to do. I use my lasers in the privacy of my own home and they are not to be operated by anybody other than myself.

i LOL'ed at the pilot thing and the thought of a bunch of little beams of light distorted through the cockpit.

Lasers can and will burn the crap out of you if they are strong enough.

you can light matches with some

sorry had to do this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WGmeX6CLas&feature=related
Yeah, my BluRay can light matches and burn just about anything. I've burned my skin before too (I was curious :D). It burns pretty much anything.

David: I got it from a user on a different forum who custom made them himself. He harvested the diode from the sled (part that contains the diode) and hooked it up to a driver (allows you to adjust the current, so the diode won't fry). Then he placed it all in an AixiZ module (just an enclosure with a focusable lens). He then had a machinst custom make an aluminum heatsink to fit the module and the host. The host (or container) is a Coleman MAX flashlight (CR2 version), he took the flashlight parts out and put the module with the heatsink into it. Then he puts in two 3.6v CR2 batteries. You can get the sleds for the PHR-803T diode (most common BluRay diode) for a little less than $15. The driver is about $20. The module is about $3. The host is about $10. Building a laser takes some skill with soldering, since the parts are tiny. Overall, the laser cost me $75 (fully assembled) with a pair of batteries. He does not sell them any more but there are many other people who still do. You can find out more at laserpointerforums.com (my username on there is culexor).

Back
Top Bottom