God gets owned:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I say that all Christians hate gays?

I don't see that anywhere in my post. do you?

in fact I think that you'll find I took great lengths to point out that this did not concern Christians, but rather concerned an orthodox Jewish woman who was quoting passages from this book...

and that's the whole point.

the article in the first post is meant to be satiricle and stupid.

the point is how can you read the book of lev, and then preach from it saying it's the absolute word of god that gays are bad, and yet then still ignore a lot of other teaching in the same book?

it doesn't criticise Christianity it criticises a particular person who chose to take specific teaching from that book, whilst ignoring a lot of other teachings from the same book. -and by extension all people who pick and choose what teachings hey want to follow.

it's not about one book of the new testament says this, but you're happily ignoring all the instructions of the old testament,

the point is that if you quote and say that the word in a specific book of the bible is the word of God (in this case Lev) then surely you should be going by all the teachings in that book? (-book being books in the bible, not the bible as one book0

clearly you are saying that book is incorrect and that the old word of God is replaced by a new word of God, so what I was saying doesn't actually apply to you.

Hmm... Yes it was directed towards a jewish orthodox observer/whatever, but posts were made asking for answers and someone also asked how if so much of the Bible is outdated, can it be reliable? Well.. I gave my answer. Im sure some people would also indirectly wonder, if this is a good argument against Judaism, which it is, how does it fare against the Christian laws? I made my case.

Did you state directly that I hated gays? No, but I inferred from your post and thought thats where you were directing your meanings. If not, sorry, I apologize for misinterpreting your response.

I agree with you that it's definitely bullcrap that people "pick and choose" what they believe. I do my best to do it all, and not what is beneficial to me. Yes, some concepts from the OT (old testament) still carry over, and are healthy to live by, but in some cases like the football remark is just overboard.

It's not that leviticus was/is incorrect. The people could not live up to the standards, so therefore God made another way for people to have a deeper relationship with him through the new testament laws and rules.

Please do not bring sexual preference into this thread. I have a lot of gay friends which I will stand up for until the day I die. I will flame the shit out of anyone. Religion is a business. The clergy manipulated people and took condolences. How come the men and woman spreading the name of "god", don't fear it themselves? It always has been and always will be. When a doctor saves a person's life, why do you thank "god?" I didn't see him come down here and perform the surgery. The bible has many contradictions in it. I highly suggest we just close this thread now.

Fist bold: I would like you to please hit yourself with the bible... You just claimed that three different religions are the same... How do you get off saying that? Proof?? or are you just saying they are all the same because you are to ignorant to learn the differences?
No i didnt claim that all three religions are the same i do know that there are differences between the three i claimed that they are all the "same old crap" which is the whole basis of religion , preach to and believe in things which are out of date and out of touch with society today
i was just saying all relgion generally expects you to accept some teachings blindly and so i believe in the end it dosent matter what relgion you follow they are all just as bad as each other

even though all three are in fact abrahamic religions and so therefore share some common aspects hence why i picked them three rather than some of the worlds other major religions

Second bold: Yeah an opinion is one thing. But to bring another members name into your post, when that person didn't even post in this thread (before that post) is starting crap. He singled out Deathbank how is this just having an opinion and not starting something?

How can you make a post disagreeing with what a person has said without singling that person out
I thought the member in question had posted before him in the thread , and besides which if the member in question was bothered about this surely its for them to bring up not you

I agree with Rohan. Please close the thread. My points have been made, and so have other peoples'. This will now just turn into a flame fest, of which I did not want it to. Sorry everyone.

No do not close it , why is it that we cannot have a mature debate around here without it resulting in flaming

No do not close it , why is it that we cannot have a mature debate around here without it resulting in flaming

So be it...

Please do not bring sexual preference into this thread. I have a lot of gay friends which I will stand up for until the day I die. I will flame the shit out of anyone. Religion is a business. The clergy manipulated people and took condolences. How come the men and woman spreading the name of "god", don't fear it themselves? It always has been and always will be. When a doctor saves a person's life, why do you thank "god?" I didn't see him come down here and perform the surgery. The bible has many contradictions in it. I highly suggest we just close this thread now.

My church is a non-profit organization. Sure, my church pays the pastoral staff with the money from tithing and offerings, but we do keep close eyes on what money they get by our budget that everyone is free to look at. We also spend the money on missionaries. As for the fearing on the name of God, and why don't they do it themselves... No one is perfect, and not everyone can follow every single command of every second of every day. Im still not sure what youre question was here.

Why do we thank God? Well, every blessing comes from him. Theres been numerous times in my life were things should have gone one way, but against all odds it went an amazing way and it was only logical to thank a higher power; namely God.

EDIT:

Yes back in the day, the catholic church was very business-like. You bought indulgence with money and paid money for the forgiveness of sins. How this happened, i don't know but It doesn't anymore.

Religion and politics are always such heated debates..

Grabs popcorn and keeps reading..:D:D

I believe everyone is entitled to their own opinions and preferences that is what makes this world work. If everyone was to convert to one religion and follow everything said in a bible or whatever the religions uses I think this world be a very very big disaster.

Even if God created this universe and everything in it science has made it become what it is today. I honestly don't know what I believe on the subject of creation and all that but I have beliefs in both ways. Some parts of life the only logical explanation I can come up with is God and some other things I can only justify by science and technology. I grew up in a home where church was an every sunday thing and read the bible. I continued my faith when I moved out of my parents house and did things on my own. I now don't go to church anymore but still believe that there is a possibility it is all true and there is also a possibility that its not. Either way I think it gives people something to believe in and base their lives on.

Please don't close this thread though because it is a good place to learn some different things from. Just keep it friendly guys...:D:D

Oh I believe in microevolution...In my own terms i guess. Let me describe it as im sure its probably not what rtue microevo is. God created us to be adaptive and the human body to change over a period of time to adjust to a land, or certain diseases. This is reasoned by looking at how our skin can become darker when exposed to more sun and how our immune system builds immunity to diseases that would have otherwise killed us 2000 years ago. i agree with what you said poker, both sides have some convincing evidence but i find God and the creation story has more to me. I was raised in a "christian home" but we didn't go to church every sunday. Only when i was 11 did we go to church, and i was the one that brought it up. I had no idea what it was about though. I've questioned my own beliefs countless times and i still do, as i will until I die, but I'll never give it up. :D

I hope this doesn't turn into a heated debate, I hope everyone keeps their cool and just share their thoughts and still be friends and love each other.

Holy balls how did i miss his first post. Whoa. Alright I apologize about the Deathbank posting. I can't believe I missed his first post.

As for the religion.. They have similarities mainly because they all claim there God is the right one. Yes they have similarities as for truth. But that's because that is what actually did happen... Hence why they have some of the same things. But I get what you mean now about them being... All religions. I wish you clarified that in your first post. I don't want to start any more of a flame war then this already is. But as for the religions wanting you to follow blindly.. This is not the masons.. This is Christianity I am talking about. As far as I know this is the only religion that puts everything.. EVERYTHING out on the line. For anyone to judge. Why do you think Christianity is always attacked so much. Bush was attacked for being a christian. Obama claims to be some sort of a christian.. But looking at his old "church".. He was far from it. Don't get me wrong.. Bush did have his flaws.. But people tore the crap out of him... for stuff he couldn't help. And also because he was a Christian. Christianity has become this scapegoat of a religion to bag on for problems. It's so irratating it's ubelieveable. This is by far the only religion that I find makes sense in everyway. I personally believe if you don't believe in it or say it's rubish then you have yet to hear all of it. For once you hear all of it or even yet most of it. You will understand the truth that comes from the word of God. If you don't get it... Then you aren't at the right church or for long enough. That is why some preachers become famous.. Because they are good at what they do. And that is preach. The gift of prophecy.

Again.. Sorry about the one post about deathbank. I totally idiotically missed his first post. But as for the whole religion and God.. I will continue to pray for you all. I am not perfect.. I am a sinner. We all are. I don't preach this stuff to anyone in particullar only to the ones who feel the need to read it. I can't say that I follow everything to the Letter of the bible. Because I am not perfect.. Again.. I am a sinner. There was only one man to ever walk this earth that was perfect.. That would be Jesus Christ, God's one and only son. You know... The one that died for you? That Suffered? Rose again three days later?
Alright I am done...

God bless you all.
I am willing to take hits for God.
Flame away....

Holy balls how did i miss his first post. Whoa. Alright I apologize about the Deathbank posting. I can't believe I missed his first post.

As for the religion.. They have similarities mainly because they all claim there God is the right one. Yes they have similarities as for truth. But that's because that is what actually did happen... Hence why they have some of the same things. But I get what you mean now about them being... All religions. I wish you clarified that in your first post. I don't want to start any more of a flame war then this already is. But as for the religions wanting you to follow blindly.. This is not the masons.. This is Christianity I am talking about. As far as I know this is the only religion that puts everything.. EVERYTHING out on the line. For anyone to judge. Why do you think Christianity is always attacked so much. Bush was attacked for being a christian. Obama claims to be some sort of a christian.. But looking at his old "church".. He was far from it. Don't get me wrong.. Bush did have his flaws.. But people tore the crap out of him... for stuff he couldn't help. And also because he was a Christian. Christianity has become this scapegoat of a religion to bag on for problems. It's so irratating it's ubelieveable. This is by far the only religion that I find makes sense in everyway. I personally believe if you don't believe in it or say it's rubish then you have yet to hear all of it. For once you hear all of it or even yet most of it. You will understand the truth that comes from the word of God. If you don't get it... Then you aren't at the right church or for long enough. That is why some preachers become famous.. Because they are good at what they do. And that is preach. The gift of prophecy.

Again.. Sorry about the one post about deathbank. I totally idiotically missed his first post. But as for the whole religion and God.. I will continue to pray for you all. I am not perfect.. I am a sinner. We all are. I don't preach this stuff to anyone in particullar only to the ones who feel the need to read it. I can't say that I follow everything to the Letter of the bible. Because I am not perfect.. Again.. I am a sinner. There was only one man to ever walk this earth that was perfect.. That would be Jesus Christ, God's one and only son. You know... The one that died for you? That Suffered? Rose again three days later?
Alright I am done...

God bless you all.
I am willing to take hits for God.
Flame away....

+1

A major similiarity as stated in an above post about the three religions is that they are all abrahamic. Hmmm, yes but Islam seperates from judaism from Ishmael forward and then Christianity came from Christ and the new testament laws. Christ was the messiah, muhammah was a prophet. Judaism doesn't believe either. Can you give me some more specific examples? I would actually like to know for my own knowledge. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom