Help with a gaming computer build

Pick up a cheaper sound card then if not a 7.1 varient.
Get a 5.1 version.

At least you can choose to buy one later on, but I just think the sound of onboard/effects are too much...

Any sound card pretty much will blow away an onboard as long as it of course has the speaker setups you need

Just one question about overclocking (as I have never done it before), if I overclock my cpu from 2.8 to say 3.2 or something, and then the chip fries, does that mean my warranty is voided and I can't return it for a new one?

Orrrr, am I just overreacting, and my cpu would probably never break from a little overclocking?

It depends on your voltage. If you put it up too high, your processor is friend. It's always good to go up in very small increments. Overclocking is time consuming.

Just one question about overclocking (as I have never done it before), if I overclock my cpu from 2.8 to say 3.2 or something, and then the chip fries, does that mean my warranty is voided and I can't return it for a new one?

Orrrr, am I just overreacting, and my cpu would probably never break from a little overclocking?

I highly doubt that the CPU will "fry" as there are built in safeguards to shut the computer down if the processor overheats.

FYI, overclocking voids the warranty. Not that they'll ever know if you did. . . ;)

just be careful when you OC... work up SLOWLY until your system is unstable, then work your way back down again

I agree. Buy the parts yourself, then build. There is no other feeling like seeing your own creation look better, and kill the pre-built retail machines :)

I asked some computer engineer guy, and he said it would be better if I went with a 700 or 800 watt powersupply. Would it be necessary to get one that high for this build?

Back
Top Bottom