upgrade

Incin

Beta member
i'm looking into upgrading my motherboard and ram, i'm looking at getting the P5Q3 Deluxe board and the CORSAIR TWIN3XDHX 4GB KIT PC12800 1600M ram

my current build is :

mother:p5N-E-sli
cpu:Q6600
ram: 667mhz
graphics: 8600gt

the i7 rig would cost me around $1200 aus dollar, i noticed the P5Q3 Deluxe board can support the new cores that do 1600fsb when they come out, so i dont mind waiting for them

any suggestions

OK. We need some questions first.

- How often do you use your computer and for what purposes?
- What website are you ordering from (seeing as you're from Australia)?
- What is your budget?
- Do you have any space restrictions?
- Do you have a monitor and if so was size/ kind (LCD or CTR)?

Once you answer some of these, we will have a better idea of a direction to point you in.

ok, i use my computer every day , when i'm at work my wife use it, i mainly download and play games , but i want to start encoding videos so i can stream them to the home theater computer (which is very basic machine ) , i have a 17 inch crt monitor, my budget is around $500 to $600,

the sites are : http://www.ple.com.au/?p=home
http://www.austin.net.au/

any ideas guys

i'm looking into upgrading my motherboard and ram, i'm looking at getting the P5Q3 Deluxe board and the CORSAIR TWIN3XDHX 4GB KIT PC12800 1600M ram
If you're looking for more performance this will not help. Intel FSB based platforms do not benefit from the extra bandwidth DDR3 offers as the CPU has to pass through the north bridge to communicate with the RAM. The bandwidth of the RAM is therefore limited to the bandwidth of the FSB.

IMO, if you want more performance, and if you are gaming, your priority should be above all else your graphics card. It's definitely outdated even for your 17" monitor. The GTS 250 should be perfect for you.
You shouldn't need to upgrade your CPU right now, perhaps a little overclock? Which would give you a nice performance boost.

Back
Top Bottom