brand name matters?

well guys - that debate wasnt hot enough for you? here is one more - upgrading my monitor too - i usually like buying named brands - samsung, sony, dell blah blah - never bought acer, asus, hanns and all - but there is a stark price difference in the same (more or less) features at a size. anyone know about these brands and if they are worth saving the money? or any good monitors you can recommend? i am looking at
1. around $200, the cheaper the better
2. 21.5 or more on the size,
3. HD is preferred and
4. i would LOVE the 1920X1080 widescreen resolution.

btw, i currently rock a 17" dell - and would use that as a dual monitor setup (just for funsies)

i like that asus for sure - are they good? i have never owned them or known anyone to have - that is my primary issue - see, i have owned sony, dell, samsung, and i know they're good, no issues unless i was very unlucky to get a bad piece or something. anyone here own an asus monitor? or an acer for that matter?

Althought the shipping on the ACER you list AR is going to kill the price.

I would go for the ASUS. They make some great stuff overall and they seem to be a good new player in the LCD monitor field. I have used them and they are as nice if not nicer than any ACER monitor. Whichever you choose, I'm sure you will be happy.

so i know this is going back to my earlier questions, i read all the review (yes all some few hundreds of em) for these cards - i like to be thorough - a lot of the xfx complain about a high pitched "noise" but the evga have few complaints. go with the evga even though it's + $15 or whatever?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...mList=N82E16814150329,N82E16814130398&bop=And
or take a chance with the xfx? rohan, what do you think? do you own a evga 216?

(and yes i love the asus - looks nice)

Erm, the GTX Core 216 cards, and in fact many cards from XFX, have reports of a high pitched whine. But depending on how your hearing is and how many fans you run, it may not be much of a problem. And Rohan does run the EVGA version of the Core 216.

And I agree that ASUS does look beautiful. It beats the shit out of my 3 year old silver 19" HP Widescreen.

go with the XFX, you get far cry 2 and COD 5 for free. And also my best friend has an XFX GTS 250 and he got his core clock to hit 1GHZ, so basically from what i've heard XFX overclocks very well but idk...

Also i totally envy you for getting a Core 216 indian, my 9600gt only gets 40fps avg on crysis @ mainstream settings 1440res directx 10. Post some pics and some benchmarks when you get the card indian :)

OFF TOPIC:
Does playing in Directx 10 put more stress on a video card??

Back
Top Bottom