Slowness ?

Yes, a very reputable HD.

I don't understand why I'm getting all this slow down though, hm. I'm simply installing a game and browing and my browser will freeze up. Could it be because of the way I cable managed the cords? I don't think that would have an effect though.

I'm not sure what the prob is. I can run games fine so it doesn't seem to be a temp prob. Probe 2 says my temp is around 38c on idle and 40-50 on load.

I don't understand why I'm getting all this slow down though, hm. I'm simply installing a game and browing and my browser will freeze up. Could it be because of the way I cable managed the cords? I don't think that would have an effect though.

I'm not sure what the prob is. I can run games fine so it doesn't seem to be a temp prob. Probe 2 says my temp is around 38c on idle and 40-50 on load.

Going to run some data lifeguard diagnostics from WD to see if it comes up with anything. Also could the slowness be attributed to an unused partition? I doubt it.

Your problem appears to be a mystery to me. I wish someone like Rohan or Rooster might give us some help. I'm completely out of ideas as to why this slowdown is occurring.

Your problem appears to be a mystery to me. I wish someone like Rohan or Rooster might give us some help. I'm completely out of ideas as to why this slowdown is occurring.

Yeah, thanks for your help though. It is a mystery to me too. I wish there was some way to do a performance test of some kind to see if there is a problem. It appears that it isn't fast enough though so. I'm going to run some tests on the hd but I doubt it will come up with anything.

Any bios settings would make it slower?
I switched my Ram to XMP, but that shouldn't be a prob.

You're welcome. I'm just sorry I couldn't help you any. I do hope you can find your problem though. :)

Amd to my knowledge, a BIOS setting wouldn't make any difference in speed. But maybe I'm wrong? I don't know. We need some other forum members' input here.

Well, it doesn't have spyware or viruses because it is fairly new. It hasn't been on the internet. The slowness is not in game, there is no lag in game, just when I'm multi-tasking I guess aka, installing coh and using yahoo, internet.

For example, loading Company of heroes and chatting and the same time is lagging. I thought the i7 could multi-task many of these operations.

If it's never been on the internet how are you playing games online and chatting online?
Check your bandwidth with your ISP. Might need to up the bandwidth to handle all that at once.

If it's never been on the internet how are you playing games online and chatting online?
Check your bandwidth with your ISP. Might need to up the bandwidth to handle all that at once.

Yeah, the bandwidth here sucks. No joke so maybe that's it ?

Back
Top Bottom