New Build

rohan23

Fully Optimized
So my parents said I could order new parts if I gave my current setup to my sister. They said the motherboard, RAM, processor and PSU is on them. I'm going to reuse my Stacker case with my DVD drive, sound card and hard drives. I was leaning towards the i7 because of editing but I found out my college has a Mac lab for students. If I go i7, I'm going to get the parts from Microcenter. Or the processor anyways. My friend is getting me a Velociraptor. I'm going to have a beast of a system soon, haha. I'm so excited. :D

Sounds super sweet Rohan. But why not go with the i7 if it's on your parents? So yeah, sounds like you're going to have a beast there. :D

i say you go Phenom II and use the extra cash they will allow to get a hell of a nice graphics card set up going.

GTX 295 SLi anyone? xD

i say you go Phenom II and use the extra cash they will allow to get a hell of a nice graphics card set up going.

GTX 295 SLi anyone? xD

Um, he'll only save about 300-350 dollars by going with Phenom II 940 AM2+. That won't even get him a single GTX 295.

EDIT: But he could get a nice GTX 285.

I don't want a GTX 295 or a 285. I'm not one of those people who need the best of everything. I'm building the computer for me, not for other people. I'm going to reuse my Core 216 too. It's impractical to purchase such a high end card for a resolution of 1680x1050.My current card is more than capable for my monitor. So, I need a processor, motherboard and RAM. I'm pretty sure I'll be fine with my 650w Xigmatek. I don't want my parents to spend a lot. I'm going to purchase the i7 from Microcenter for $229.99+tax. It comes to $243.xx. I will be doing quite a bit of gaming and I might as well do editing. I don't want to rely entirely on the school's computers. I'm probably going to save around $40-$60 going with the AMD build. But, I really need those logical cores to breeze through rendering videos.

Get the PII! Should be loads more fun to OC than the i7. If you want the challenge, go with the i7. Does your friend already have the velociraptor? I wouldn't suggest investing so much money on a HDD. Go with a SSD.

Nah, water cooling is a waste of money for me. I don't like to unnecessarily spend. I'm happy I have a good friend and nice parents willing to spend so much. My uncles and aunt's aren't exactly the same. They say it's a "waste of money", when I'm going to be needing the computer in college to complete my projects. The VR will do me better use. The difference between the VR and the SSD aren't life changing. I'll get more room with the VR and the write times on the SSD suck anyways.

Back
Top Bottom