Motherboard Problem

yeah the bus will be 533 though because it is DDR2 Ram. I also didn't have to have it at 2.1 I think I have mine at 2.0 and it is totally stable but yours may be different though. But you can try it at less than 2.1 and run memtest to see if it passes.

yeah the bus will be 533 though because it is DDR2 Ram. I also didn't have to have it at 2.1 I think I have mine at 2.0 and it is totally stable but yours may be different though. But you can try it at less than 2.1 and run memtest to see if it passes.

that sounds kind of complicated...

Nah, it's not as complicated as it seems. The manual does a pretty straightforward job of showing the settings.

DDR2 1066 runs on a 533MHz bus. Being that it's DDR (Dual Data Rate) the memory is in essence "double pumped" so it's effective timing is 2x 533MHz = 1066MHz. :D

no its really not hard at all. Once you get into the bios you only have to change the voltage and the bus frequency. It is really only 2 settings. The frequency is going to be 533 not 1066 I was only saying that so that you werent looking for a 1066 setting. The motherboard I have for my Phenom II 920 has built in memtest so all I did was set them turn on the memtest feature and then hit F10 to save and exit and it would reboot and go right into memtest.

Your motherboard may have a different bios so I cant tell you the exact method to get to the things you need to change but the manual will have all the settings listed and will give you information about all of the different settings. I recommend you go through ALL of these settings just for your own personal benefit because it will give you the knowledge of all the features your board has to offer

Nah, it's not as complicated as it seems. The manual does a pretty straightforward job of showing the settings.

DDR2 1066 runs on a 533MHz bus. Being that it's DDR (Dual Data Rate) the memory is in essence "double pumped" so it's effective timing is 2x 533MHz = 1066MHz. :D

ahhhhh thanks

yeah, all basically run off the manual and youtube, cuz idk what im doing or where any of the stuff plugs in on there >.<

oh ok... yeah i am going to basically run off the manual and youtube, cuz i dont know where any of the inputs are on the mobo :x

The manual that comes with the motherboard will have pictures of your motherboard with all of the pins and connectors labled. Most of the manuals are pretty descriptive. You could also see if there is a more detailed manual available for download on your motherboard manufacturers website

The manual that comes with the motherboard will have pictures of your motherboard with all of the pins and connectors labled. Most of the manuals are pretty descriptive. You could also see if there is a more detailed manual available for download on your motherboard manufacturers website

ok.... yeah ive heard that u can look in the manual and they show where all the stuff plugs in... plus i think i should hopefully have enough cables for everything

Back
Top Bottom