brand name matters?

I've stuck with eVGA cards after tryin out other brands and even trying an ATI card. I was in BestBuy the other day and compared to a PNY card feature for feature the eVGA has the same at a lower price. I compared the 260 and the 9600gt. When I lose my grip on reality altogether, I may drop 150.00 bucks on a higher end vid card.

Well of course a 9600GT is going to be $150 in Best Buy. Buy from newegg, a 9600GTwill be about $100. "Best Buy" is not the right the right name. Aptly named, it would be called the rip-off store imo.

Those are nice choices. The middle one is faster because it's overclocked, but you can easily overclock the others. All you need to do now is to decide on how much you want to spend. :D

i personally like the xfx on the right - its good, i have used xfx's before - i CAN overclock (although i dont know how to - but i can learn) and i get cod5 and farcry2 with it. woopah! and its cheaper than the middle one anyway.

well i thought a lot about it - the one you mentioned is cheaper by $20 - might as well go for the core 216 no? you have a good point none the less - but i dont constantly upgrade (i am upgrading after 2-3 years now) - and i dont might shelling in $20 or so more. thanks a lot for the input though prodigy.
any other thoughts? do people trust xfx?

I've used a few XFX cards over the years and they make a quality video card. Their customer service is very good also.

well i thought a lot about it - the one you mentioned is cheaper by $20 - might as well go for the core 216 no? you have a good point none the less - but i dont constantly upgrade (i am upgrading after 2-3 years now) - and i dont might shelling in $20 or so more. thanks a lot for the input though prodigy.
any other thoughts? do people trust xfx?

Dude BFG has a Lifetime Warranty on its cards. And Spending $20 more because you think the quailty is better is a superfluous decision, BFG is very competive and makes very nice cards

Back
Top Bottom