Microsoft Confirms Holiday Release For Windows 7

I didn't really like the win7 beta much. Too incompatible imo. Vista was nice.

WOW that is a fail if I have ever seen one. What a stupid release time IMO. What happened to retailers last Christmas? And now the economy has gotten worse and many more are out of jobs. Do they really think many people are going to be buying an overpriced OS during Christmas season and putting their children and families on the back burner?

WOW that is a fail if I have ever seen one. What a stupid release time IMO. What happened to retailers last Christmas? And now the economy has gotten worse and many more are out of jobs. Do they really think many people are going to be buying an overpriced OS during Christmas season and putting their children and families on the back burner?

Yeah that does seem rather off, surely at Christmas people are buying gifts and things for the holiday celebration. Not an new OS unless you are a major geek with no family to visit over the holiday. Who is going to spend christmas day installing windows 7? :rolleyes:

Yeah that does seem rather off, surely at Christmas people are buying gifts and things for the holiday celebration. Not an new OS unless you are a major geek with no family to visit over the holiday. Who is going to spend christmas day installing windows 7? :rolleyes:

I spent a Christmas day installing BF2 once. Just to play online...

Christmas time is one of the key times for buying new computers though. And they said in time for the holiday season, so that people buying computers as presents would be able to have Win7 on them.

That only means it will be out before Christmas. Acer will be releasing their comps with W7 in October, so it only stands to reason that MS would release it soon afterward.

Major geek here. I would spend all day playing computer games and installing stuff. :D

It'd be good for getting new comps out with it.

Yeah. I agree. It will make those computer that kind of sucked with vista nice and fast.

Back
Top Bottom