Present Help

rohan23

Fully Optimized
My birthday is on June 3rd. I don't know what I want. I'm not getting a dog or a drumset, haha. I'm most probably just going to ask for computer parts. My friend is getting me a Velociraptor hard drive for my birthday. Should I ask for an i7 or a Phenom II? Do you guys have any suggestions?

indeed, i thought the new OCZ series was dropping in price... there still insanely expensive

What about raid? Set up a few of these, you would have more space and probably the same speed as a 10k drive

I have that hard drive but the blue version. I already have a 640GB hard drive in my Stacker Rig. I plan on adding a 320GB later today and a 500GB in a week or so. It's a present from him, haha. I can't really do much about it. He's already being nice enough and getting me something so expensive.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My parents said I could order a new processor, motherboard, RAM and power supply for my birthday. Now I don't want to spend too much. I'll start a new thread in the hardware section. I'm so happy!

How about a pony?

Who will you be asking for the i7 or Phenom II from?

If you ask for an i7, keep in mind that the LGA 1366 X58 motherboards aren't cheap.

I wouldnt go RAID (my personal opinion). SSD looks good, but they are pretty pricey, but thats what I am getting for my next build. The Velociraptor looks pretty good, my friend had it and it book up windows xp fast. I think the Velociraptor would be better than RAID0.

Its kind of hard deciding between i7 or the Phenom II. The i7 has triple channel DDR3 ram, and I dont think the AM3 Phenom II has them yet. Correct me if I'm wrong. But the i7 cost more than the Phenom II. You could ask for money and save it for the i5?

Back
Top Bottom