I decided to get a rifle.

looks like an sr 25 is that the earlier version of one?

No that's a pretty standard AR-15. SR-25's are heavily modernized version of the AR-10 rifle. AR-15's are a scaled down version of the AR-10. A bunch of other rifles are based off of AR-15's, and M4's and M16's which are the standard US issue rifles.

I have shot a few hundred rounds out of C7(a1) rifles which are an improved Canadian version of the the M16 rifle. I'm a small guy and recoil is fairly minimal, even when firing fully automatic (although you won't be able get a fully automatic version). Design is fairly good, but the bolt system is outdated and gets dirty as hell very quickly. Isn't the most ergonomic, but that's inherent in having the bolt in line with the shouder, which makes it more accurate to shoot.

I was thinking of getting a semi-auto AR-15 for home defense and for hunting as well. I have a nice .22 my grandpa won in a raffle for me that I use for target practice and small game hunting. Also some turkey hunting. :D

An AR-15 for home protection man? who tha f*ck do you think is gonna rob your house, the russian miltia?

Get a Hi point 995 9mm Carbine with an ATI stock. Cheapest big bullet to shoot out there, looks awesome with a red dot, its cheap as hell, solid cast parts (why its cheap) makes it durable and it shoots straight every time.

For a rifle under $200 its an awesome gun.

This is mine

0511091905.jpg

Thanks ArrizX. Nice looking gun BTW.

Um, is that manual, or semi-auto? Just wondering. I'm looking for something semi-auto.

Oh and for you AR 15 fan boys............. thats not a hunting rifle. No matter what you say. It was designed as people killer turned fun gun. The ammo is designed to fragment inside the human body to kill. Shooting a larger sized animal (deer, and especially elk) would not kill it unless preciesly placed. Since the OP is asking for all this information, he is obviously not an experienced shooter. Do not buy an assualt rifle for hunting.

I suggest the hi-point before I even read anything. Now moving on what is your budget?

Oh and 17, you dont need home defense crap. Im sure your parents have that covered. You've gone 17 years with out needing one for home defense, im sure you will be just fine with out a 'home defense gun' anyways. Besides, any gun can be used for home defense. THE BEST home defense weapons are the shot gun (12guage with 00 buck). Thats beside the point.

I'm going to finish my ramble. But before I do, forget anything about a full automatic gun. Not going to happen for several of hundreds of reasons. So drop it.

Your best options for what you are wanting is .270, .308 and .30-06. My personal favorite is the .308 and this will also open to a HUGE selection of weapons. There are many other caliburs out there, but those are what your going to want.

I am partial to lever action rifles, so I have wanted this particular one because they can be made to look amazing.

http://www.thegunsource.com/item/71458_Marlin_Rifles_Shotguns_MAR_308MXLR____308EXP_SS_.aspx

Thanks ArrizX. Nice looking gun BTW.

Um, is that manual, or semi-auto? Just wondering. I'm looking for something semi-auto.

Its a semi auto. 10+1.

But its a fun gun. Its not ment for hunting. It can, but the 9mm is not an effective hunting round.

Afterall its another round designed for war, and more importantly handguns and small arms. It is in no way a long range round.

Thanks for the info. I was thinking of getting a semi-auto for home defense. Seriously, I don't live in a good area of town. I want to be safe. I just live there because it's cheaper than hell.

And I'm going to be 18 and out of this place in just month or two so I want to have something of my own.

Okay whats your money situation.

You could get a Mossberg 500 or Remington 870 tatical or home defense. Depending which model you choose they will have various different things on them. including barrel length. Barrel length for good home defense is 18.5'' with a pistol grip.

However you want something to hunt biger game with and home defense. There is a Remington 870 out there that can fire a 3.5'' super mag slug. It will knock you on your ass if you're not careful, but it will also drop big game. You can then load it up with buck shot for well, bucks obviously or even better for home defense. This particular 870 has a 28'' barrel.

Well atm I have about $1200 give or take saved up. I think I could spend about $600 to maybe $800 on 2 guns. I want to stick on the lower end if possible but I don't want cheap ass rifle that's going to break in a year or shoot me in the chest because of back firing.

I want something like a large single-shot for big game hunting and either a semi-auto AR-15 or something like a semi-auto long barrel rifle from like Call of Duty. I'm looking for something with 10+ shots per clip.

Back
Top Bottom