MAC running REALLLLY slow

superman22x

Golden Master
I am working on a MAC for out senior slide show video. We have like 300 pictures in the video, plus about 6 minutes worth of video. All the pictures are in .tif format. And this thing is running reallllllly slow in imovie 8.
Computer is powerful, C2D, 2gb of DDR2, 500gb HDD, but it's really bogged down... .tif wasn't a good choice for pictures maybe?

I hate mac. Only thing i can think of free up space. Because dont Macs use hard drive memory. it dosnt have Ram right.

I hate mac. Only thing i can think of free up space. Because dont Macs use hard drive memory. it dosnt have Ram right.

Macs are identical to PC's in the way they run. They just use a different operating system. They still require RAM and hard drives. It may just be a failing hard drive, or a lack of memory. Maybe that is just some bad sectors on the driver.

lol to get those kinds of specs for a mac...

is that like a 4000 dollar price tag?

Just shows how ignorant you two are. It's one thing to insult a certain kind of computer, but it's another to use false facts to back up your statements. Learn to think before you post such false statements.

Harddrive is pretty much empty... 20gb used of like 480gb. Probably needs more RAM...

Like you mentioned earlier, I think it's the picture format you used. Try converting them to .jpg. Those files aren't as compressed as the other picture formats, and therefore take the computer longer to process. I don't think it has anything to do with the iMac itself.

Back
Top Bottom