AMD + nVidia

ndatoxicity

Daemon Poster
can AMD boards and nvidia video cards work together? because i have always wondered, and never found out if they can work together....

if so, would a 4870 (1) video card be the best buy for an AMD board + cpu, or should i go for like a cheap 260gtx??? i want something ~150 dollars or less, and the best performance... i dont really want to crossfire/sli on my first build, so any suggestions you can give me other than this 4870 would be much appreciated...

the card im looking at is....
-ASUS EAH4870 DK TOP/HTDI/512MD5 Radeon HD 4870 512MB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card

it is ($139.99 after $30.00 Mail-In Rebate) but i also get alone in the dark, which is a pretty shitty game, but still worth something

Yup, you can use Nvidia video cards on AMD boards and ATI cards on Nvidia based motherboards. It makes absolutely no difference in the performance of the video cards.

Now in regards to Crossfire and SLI, Crossfire is only supported on AMD and some Intel boards using ATI video cards. SLI is only supported with Nvidia video cards on Nvidia based motherboards and on some Intel X58 motherboards.

The HD 4870 is a nice deal on a very good card. It should work well for you. :D

u should get a GTX 260 core 216, The cheapest ive seen was $170 but i think its worth the extra $20

atomic what do you think? core 216 gtx260 or my 4870? remember, im only going one card

i know crossfire is ati and sli is nvidia... but i didnt know that some of them worked on the other chipset's board

What size monitor are you playing on? It also depends on your motherboard and monitor. If you're a hardcore gamer playing at anything 1680x1050 and over, the 4870/Core 216 setup will suit you perfectly. If you're using anything lower than that you should get the GTS 250/9800GT(x) or a ATI 4850/4770.

The GTX 260 core 216 is a better performing card then the HD 4870. If you can swing it, you wont be disappointed.

What size monitor are you playing on? It also depends on your motherboard and monitor. If you're a hardcore gamer playing at anything 1680x1050 and over, the 4870/Core 216 setup will suit you perfectly. If you're using anything lower than that you should get the GTS 250/9800GT(x) or a ATI 4850/4770.

its a 22" sansui tv that i can use as a monitor... the resolution is like 1333x10something... the exact resolution is at my other house...

can you give me a link to the gtx 260 core 216 cards?

how much more are they?

alright, thanks for the advice.... my price only went up like... 10 bucks, but then theres like a 30 dollar mail in.... but i cut prices from my memory (still good quality) and from my psu (really good ratings) i can upload a picture of the new build if you want

Back
Top Bottom