Car Thread!

boring race

Ban. Now.

How can you not love Corvettes?

It's probably the only high-performance sports car from America I would consider buying. The Ford GT is too porky and unlike it's race-bred predecessor the GT40, it's not much of a handler. The Dodge Viper is just too much of a handful. It's great for burning through streets and turning tires into vapor, but it's not exactly something I'd bring to a time attack event.

The Corvette on the other hand is almost perfection. Great power on tap, engine response only an NA engine could bring, a balanced chassis and can tackle corners as well as straights. I still maintain that if I had the money I'd get the Corvette ZR1 over the Nissan GT-R any day, anywhere.

I agree. The GT-R takes too much away from the driver and is way too heavy.

It's a great car and personally I think it's one of the best bargains you could buy when it comes to performance for your money. However, the problem with the GT-R is that it's too controlled. It has nothing to let you know that if you took a hairpin on a track at high speed that it was YOU who did it, not the car.

Ban. Now.

How can you not love Corvettes?

It's probably the only high-performance sports car from America I would consider buying. The Ford GT is too porky and unlike it's race-bred predecessor the GT40, it's not much of a handler. The Dodge Viper is just too much of a handful. It's great for burning through streets and turning tires into vapor, but it's not exactly something I'd bring to a time attack event.

The Corvette on the other hand is almost perfection. Great power on tap, engine response only an NA engine could bring, a balanced chassis and can tackle corners as well as straights. I still maintain that if I had the money I'd get the Corvette ZR1 over the Nissan GT-R any day, anywhere.
I thought for sure you would mention something about the BMW, not the vette, haha.

But damn does that 427 sound SWEET!!

Haha, the BMW was pretty nice too. Horsepower Freaks has some nice turbocharger kits for the M3. Personally I like to keep it naturally aspirated, but it's nice hearing some BOV action from time to time.

I guess it depends on the car for me. I love boost though, so I'm all for just about anything boosted. I don't care for big-turbo 1000HP cars that make all their power in a small range though.

Back
Top Bottom