260 vs 295?

umm no dont go with the 260 seriously, for future reasons. I know you Grant and you like to have the best like me, get the 295 that will smoke both of those 216's and than once the 295 goes down to like $300 or so, i know you will pick up another one, just like i would do and most likley will

umm no dont go with the 260 seriously, for future reasons. I know you Grant and you like to have the best like me, get the 295 that will smoke both of those 216's and than once the 295 goes down to like $300 or so, i know you will pick up another one, just like i would do and most likley will

Just a stupid question here (well Probably not) but why waste that much money on a 295 now running that resolution when you can get a 260 core 216 and a 22" monitor and then use the step up program down the road when the 295 is actually a reasonable price... Makes sense to me but hey thats just me

Too bad that 295 won't perform any better than a Core 216 at that resolution.

Just a stupid question here (well Probably not) but why waste that much money on a 295 now running that resolution when you can get a 260 core 216 and a 22" monitor and then use the step up program down the road when the 295 is actually a reasonable price... Makes sense to me but hey thats just me

I second that. That is a fantastic idea. He could probably pick up a 26"+ monitor with the prices these days.

GPU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814133270
Monitor: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824185010

That Core 216 should perform beautifully with that monitor. The only 295 Newegg had was $589.99+ shipping. These two items cost less.

The step-up program is cool and all, but it's only good for 90 days after the original purchase date.

Why are you guys so hell bent on trying to talk him out of a GTX 295? It's a monster of a card, (the fastest available) and if he can afford it, why not? I'd get one if I had the money.

He's never going to fully utilize it running it the way he's going to. I'm just trying to save this man some money and getting him as much as possible for his dollar. I'm one of the few people on this site that talks people out of getting hardware they're never really going to need. A lot of people have thanked me for it.

Im not trying to talk him out of it I'm just trying to give him another option. I just really don't see a point in getting that card when you have a 19" monitor running at 1152 x 864 I mean if he plans on getting a monitor worthy of running it then heck go for it but if it was me I would address the monitor before the GPU. Putting the cart before the horse IMO.

You only get 90 days to do the step up program

I am willing to bet the price of the 295 will be down in 90 days but I could be wrong. I just figured it is really a waste having all that card going to waste.

rohan you need to stop being a 260 fanboy and come out of that shell, i know grant more than probably all of you here and my comments go by what i have heard from grant, that is why im fully against him getting the 260's.

How am I being a fanboy when I'm telling him to first get a new monitor and them the card? If you actually knew a decent amount about computers, you would agree with me. I've recommended the 4870 as much as the Core 216. So, please. Don't tell me I'm being a fanboy when I'm only basing all of my suggestion on facts.

Back
Top Bottom