I'm in bit of a pickle.

I'm doing the same thing. I'm getting information through a source during this dilemma.

my dads a cop in the state of ny
and even with the consent of the room mate you can not legally
take the pc
he says the best thing to do is to bring it to court with the evidence you already have

my dads a cop in the state of ny
and even with the consent of the room mate you can not legally
take the pc
he says the best thing to do is to bring it to court with the evidence you already have
Law work around is that the guy can't actually prove he bought the computer from rohan in the first place.
With the consent of the roommate he can't be charged with B&E. That was my point. Along the lines of the computer. The guy has no contract, No receipt. He has not paid for it.

Rohan. Just make sure when you take the computer. Leave the guy his 50 bucks. or he will probably get pissed.

If you just take the computer and leave him the 50. Then he probably won't be to annoyed because you have warned him. (other post)

I'm doing the same thing. I'm getting information through a source during this dilemma.

But the cops don't use the recordings to prove anything. They only charge them with the crime of robbery.

Okay, so I should go into his house tomorrow with his roommate in there, record every move I make with a camera, take the computer with all of the extra hardware and leave him his $50, right? Get a piece of paper signed by his roommate saying it was okay for me to be in there and to take the computer with his consent and record him while he's doing it. Anything else?

Okay, so I should go into his house tomorrow with his roommate in there, record every move I make with a camera, take the computer with all of the extra hardware and leave him his $50, right? Get a piece of paper signed by his roommate saying it was okay for me to be in there and to take the computer with his consent and record him while he's doing it. Anything else?

Oh oh! leave a mint of his pillow xD

id recommend just bringing him to court you have enough evidence to get the computer or the money plus some
and theirs no way the law can negatively come into play for you in this case
you dont even need a lawyer the court will provide one and this case is pretty strait forward

The thing is that if you steal it, he has a pretty good idea of who took it. That could come back and bite you in the ass.

id recommend just bringing him to court you have enough evidence to get the computer or the money plus some
and theirs no way the law can negatively come into play for you in this case
you dont even need a lawyer the court will provide one and this case is pretty strait forward

Some people were saying I wouldn't be able to use the videos because I don't have consent of all of the power.

The thing is that if you steal it, he has a pretty good idea of who took it. That could come back and bite you in the ass.

I see where you're coming from. But he doesn't have any proof he ever bought it from me. I have all of the reciepts and credit card statements. He can never really prove he ever had that computer.

But in a way.. It's not really stealing.. I mean.. They guy is trying to get away with paying 50 bucks for a 500 dollar computer. Rohan I'm sorry was just trying to lightin the mood. But IF you wanted to go completely safe. I would go to court. But I still think you could do it the other way. Just give him a warn about you are going to have to take it back if you don't get the money soon.

Back
Top Bottom