How do you get html files onto the internet?

xqxqpo

Beta member
I have made some html files and i want to put them on the internet but I don't know how. I want it to be free with no ads and just my page. Can anybody help me?

Hi,

Here are a couple of options for you. One, buy some webhosting. There are a lot of good webhosting companies out there. Do a little research and find out what different ones offer and the price that they are.

Second: Host the site from your personal comuter running apache or iis as a webserver. This can be a little bit more complicated but in the end more rewarding.

Those are the two options for you. Think about it and we can help you with either of them.

Cheers!

Hi,

Here are a couple of options for you. One, buy some webhosting. There are a lot of good webhosting companies out there. Do a little research and find out what different ones offer and the price that they are.

Second: Host the site from your personal comuter running apache or iis as a webserver. This can be a little bit more complicated but in the end more rewarding.

Those are the two options for you. Think about it and we can help you with either of them.

Cheers!

Sorry to hi-jack but I wouldn't mind knowing how to do option 2....I use windows Vista, but could potentially use XP if that helps

Sorry to hi-jack but I wouldn't mind knowing how to do option 2....I use windows Vista, but could potentially use XP if that helps
Vista is more demanding so yes xp would help. But I would recommend a distro of linux.

But if your not code savy then maybe not. Alright there are TONS of tutorials on how to do this. I think the easyest would be a set up program called Wamp.

this will give you PHP MYSQL and APACHE

http://www.wampserver.com/en/

I even found a youtube video on how to install wamp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlFo66ws47w

... They have a program to do a WAMP server in one program? Kinda risky if you ask me... But for those who are new to it, I guess it works...
Installing a WAMP server is so simple... Just download Apache, Mysql, and PHP, and install... Though you don't need MySql and PHP to host a website, only if you want your website to use them lol..

... They have a program to do a WAMP server in one program? Kinda risky if you ask me... But for those who are new to it, I guess it works...
Installing a WAMP server is so simple... Just download Apache, Mysql, and PHP, and install... Though you don't need MySql and PHP to host a website, only if you want your website to use them lol..
You don't know what wamp is do you lol... Wamp is a server. Wamp is a pre assembled package of mysql, apache, and php.

Vampist - lol... I kinda figured that out.. But prior to Wamp, it was known as a WAMP server (Windows, Apache, MySql, PHP/Perl/Python; this of course was not installed in one simple package) similar to a LAMP server (Linux, Apache, MySql, PHP/Perl/Python) which is what I run; of course this are not packaged in one single package.

Vampist - lol... I kinda figured that out.. But prior to Wamp, it was known as a WAMP server (Windows, Apache, MySql, PHP/Perl/Python; this of course was not installed in one simple package) similar to a LAMP server (Linux, Apache, MySql, PHP/Perl/Python) which is what I run; of course this are not packaged in one single package.

There isn't "a wamp server in one program" all "wamp" is, is a software bundle.

No sh*t it's hosted at Wampserver.com
And it's not called wamp server, never was. It's wampserver.
Lamp is the original idea from which wampserver built from.
All it is, is a software bundle bro..

It's just the os letter with amp. Which an apche, mysql, php / perl / python bundle.

If you want to keep listing facts I can do this all day dude.. Hell it's already done for you pretty much..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_WAMPs

Now stop talking so I can help clark if he ever decides to come back.

Back
Top Bottom