Help with a gaming computer build

The E8400 is a faster chip as it runs on a faster bus and has twice the L2 cache. But if you don't have to have the fastest rig on the planet and can live with a few less FPS, the E7400 would suit you well and save you some money. You could always overclock the E7400 as they will average in the 3.6 to 3.8GHz range. :D

The E8400 is a faster chip as it runs on a faster bus and has twice the L2 cache. But if you don't have to have the fastest rig on the planet and can live with a few less FPS, the E7400 would suit you well and save you some money. You could always overclock the E7400 as they will average in the 3.6 to 3.8GHz range. :D

Thanks for the advice. Also, to pick your brain one last time, do you know of any tutorials or software that are best for safely overclocking the cpu?

You could get a nice 640GB drive such as the Western Digital Caviar Green WD6400AACS 640GB for $69.99 and save yourself another $30.

i have the same exact hard drive myself. runs great, no real lag, no problems at all. and i got mine for 50 bucks and free shipping with a promo code. I could try an get ya a code if i got any new ones.

*cough*

Maysaving (free shipping 3day UPS)

*cough*

i have the same exact hard drive myself. runs great, no real lag, no problems at all. and i got mine for 50 bucks and free shipping with a promo code. I could try an get ya a code if i got any new ones.

*cough*

Maysaving (free shipping 3day UPS)

*cough*

Thanks but when i entered it, it said "Although you've entered a valid promo code MAYSAVING, your order does not currently meet the code's usage criteria."

Back
Top Bottom