I'm in bit of a pickle.

wouldn't taking it back be considered repo? Either way small claims is best if you have a tape of him admitting he has to pay. It's pretty damning evidence.

Having his roomates contact you would be best, maybe consider taking a sherrif with you too if you are worried about any possible confrontation.

In this case, just walking in and taking it back could probably be considered stealing as they never had a written contract or invoice for the computer.

Yup. But if you are not comfortable with it. You can do what lowndsey said. And warn him "Yo dude.. You know.. Man I just lost my job if you can't pay me soon I'm going to have to take the computer back."

See is reaction. Wait a week. If nothing. Take the computer. You have consent so you can't be charged with Breaking and entering or trespassing. You didn't sign any contract, or receipt. So he has absolutely no proof that he even owns the computer. let alone bought it.

I've let him numerous voice mails and messages over the past month and a half. He keeps changing his number and stuff. I have all of the receipts and credit card bills for proof of ownership.

wouldn't taking it back be considered repo? Either way small claims is best if you have a tape of him admitting he has to pay. It's pretty damning evidence.

Having his roomates contact you would be best, maybe consider taking a sherrif with you too if you are worried about any possible confrontation.

I'd rather not talk to him and just finally perform some action. Wouldn't his roommates admitting to his faults be evidence enough?

In this case, just walking in and taking it back could probably be considered stealing as they never had a written contract or invoice for the computer.

That's why I didn't want to do it. But not that I have consent, I am going to.

The tape of him as evidence would be thrown out, as he was not agree to be recorded.

but wouldn't still prove that he agreed?

if someone commits a crime and he doesn't agree to be video taped as he is doing it means that he can't be guilty?

Okay, so if I get his roommate's permission for me to record it, it will be used in the court? I can do that no problem. He already said he will help me. I don't understand why that is. Why do cop's wire people to record to get information? I thought as long as you had it and it's legit, it can work.

Okay, so if I get his roommate's permission for me to record it, it will be used in the court? I can do that no problem. He already said he will help me. I don't understand why that is. Why do cop's wire people to record to get information? I thought as long as you had it and it's legit, it can work.

Cops usually wire to get information. Like when the bank robbery is going to actually be in action so then they can catch them in the crime.

Back
Top Bottom