Optimizing/Error Correcting Programs

HiddenTalent

Baseband Member
Are there any programs available to scan your systems settings, and/or scan for errors?

Both my laptop and my desktop are sucking right now.

The laptop gets to the welcome menu very quickly then the background will appear, and it will sit there for about 2-5 minutes before displaying any icons... once it is up and running, it is pretty fast but lags sometimes.

The desktop is usually solid. I only use it for web browsing, and playing music. Suddenly my sound drivers are missing. I have a very nice SoundBlaster setup.

Both of my computers are very well kept. Scans for various malicious items, as well as HDD defragmentation, sensitive material backed up on external drive, ect...

I have been playing with the startup items. I was on another board and they suggested reducing the number of startup items to decrease but time.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

I guess I should also add that I've been having serious issues on the desktop with a Data Execution Prevention error. If you google it, there is are some good explanations. I've tried to follow the instructions but it doenst seem to be working for me.

Back
Top Bottom