Windows 7 Release Candidate now available for download!

Yeah I was wondering the same thing Cabbs. I personally love it but the whole dual boot thing is kinda annoying though because all of my programs are on Vista and not 7 so if I am playing around on 7 and decide to do something with word or something I have to restart and go to vista and I really dont feel like installing all my programs again on something that I am just going to get rid of when the beta is done.

I didn't even bother dual-booting lol. I should have, but whatever. Been working fine for me besides two issues with Xfire.

Yeah i havent run into any problems at all with it and it is running SMOOTH as hell.

All my drivers work fine with it and the themes are really nice. I honestly can't wait till it comes out

I have each RC on separate drives here with Vista on a third. When booting back into Vista and then rebooting to go back into one of the 7s Vista's shutdown takes forever despite whatever is disabled compared to 7!

I'm now seeing several things that wouldn't even install on Vista running on both 7s! :D There's no complaints here by any means! :p

I'm going to be dual booting Vista with Windows 7 for a while. I think after I get my partition up and Win 7 installed, everything will be good.

I have no issues with the programs because most of the things I use in Vista are on two of my other hard drives. I have a completely separate Music folder along with a picture folder etc. Right now I'm copying a few programs from my programs files in my Vista drive to my 1TB drive so I can use the programs in 7. Basically copying all my settings over from Firefox ^.^

I didnt bother dual booting, i deleted my vista partition to install windows 7

I still have XP updates stored along with Vista and now 7 files on a 1tb drive here set aside strictly for storage and backups. The two RC drives see a 110gb recovery partition setup for trying out the new XP mode as well as imaging each installation.

I performed a repair upgrade install on the default OS being the 64bit 7 in order to restore the 7 boot screen since EasyBCD or VistaBootPro will replace that with the Vista scroll screen! I'll likely perform the upgrade repair on the 32bit as well and simply set up a Vista /7 64bit on the remaining drive with the first two unplugged.

I thought would pass that one along in case you want to preserve the new splash screen seen with 7. I'm waiting to see if a newer 7 version will be available that retains the 7 boot screen and still allows Vista to be added in.

windows 7 got rid of alot of features and media player 12 is terrible, it is very hard to access the eq, more like not hard, just a pain in the ass since you have to go through more steps to access it, and they wanted this dumbed down "tv" feel to it that they should never have thought of.... the 11 version interface is just fine. (any luck installing version 11 on 7 let me know) also soundcards have issues as well. I also hate the new taskbar.... if people are too dumb that they associate just an icon that is very scary. learn the name of the program and use it and be literate...

I feel like they never changed much from vista, they screwed around and did some UI tweaks to make you belive it is different. I use vista x64 and w7 isnt much different on my system...

the majority of "vista crap" is just ID10T errors.... vista x64 has been very good on this system with no problems. and I kick the shit out of systems with my heavy usage, hacking, and tweaking to hell and back and vista is still fine.

Back
Top Bottom