Need a good computer case

Unless you have an X58, you're stuck with Nvidia's SLI. That means you only benefit from multi-GPU in games with Nvidia GPU's, but not ATI. You can run 2 or more ATI cards if you want, but all they would be good for is for monitor expansion.

SLI will give you higher FPS in games. However, you won't have twice the performance because multi-GPU doesn't scale perfectly.

Yes, the only way you could run 2 ATI cards in crossfire without getting a new processor is to get a crossfire motherboard. The GIGABYTE GA-X48-DS5 would be a good choice if you go that route. Normally I would recommend the ASUS P5E, but seeing it is out of stock, that is not a current option.

I have the motherboard but I currently do not have a cpu yet. Would the cpu make a difference for crossfire mode?

Well sure the CPU makes a different, Crossfire/SLI or not, so choose the best CPU you can afford. What's your budget?

I know you have the motherboard, but the motherboard only supports SLI, not Crossfire.

Basically I am buying one part at a time right now because of my budget. If my wife gets a bonus in a few months I will get everything but right now its part for part. I just save what I can until I can afford it. I really don't want to upgrade for a while though.

I do want vista 64 for more ram but not sure when that will happen either. I have Vista 32. It's kind of a wait and see thing.

Well if you are going to have to wait a while, then we should not ask you to make a decision now as there will definitely be better deals when you decide on a processor.

thermaltakes break down dont use them

Unless you have legitimate proof, don't make assumptions like that. Plenty of people I know have Thermaltake cases and without problems too. I would prefer a full tower case. You can find decent ones for around $100.

Back
Top Bottom