so now i've had my comp for awhile its time to buy a little extra :D

the mem isnt even a whole lot more expensive, and the cpu im saving money on, along with that board cabbs recomended too me, so how exactley am i wasting money? im wasting it if i get a core i7 actually

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4555038&CatId=3495

More bang; Less buck.
45nm quad support, DDR3 up to 2Ghz, Triple SLI, onboard LAN teaming, over all excellent. If you plan on doing CF, this is probably not your board. I'm not even sure if Nvidia boards run ATI cards, lol. It's likely they do. Way better than an X48 for way less. And then use different RAM because the OCZ Intel Extreme edition DDR3 has posed some sort of an issues against the Nvidia chipset boards...

TBH, that's probably the most overpriced board I've ever seen. Just go with a P45 board, it will be more than enough for you.
Since LGA 775 is a dead end and is near EOL, I would suggest going with a PII platform as you'll get a lot more life from it and a faster CPU that the Q8200:

CPU: The PIIs on TD are so overpriced, if you can, get one from else where, if you can't go with the X3 720 BE.
Mobo: Gigabyte 790X AM3.
RAM: You can go with the 4GB OCZ DDR3 kit you linked to in your original post, that was a pretty good deal.

Back
Top Bottom