Marriage = happiness?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are all wrong. Marriage is a result of love.

And just remember, women multiply everything you give them:

You give them a house and they make it a home
You give them sperm and they make a baby (or more)
You give them crap you get a ton of shit.

You are all wrong. Marriage is a result of love.

And just remember, women multiply everything you give them:

You give them a house and they make it a home
You give them sperm and they make a baby (or more)
You give them crap you get a ton of shit.

Agreed

When you get married, that person should be not only someone you love, but your best friend...

I am married for last 13 years. And am firm believer of the law of nature, marriage brings consistant and lasting happiness.

Agreed

When you get married, that person should be not only someone you love, but your best friend...

Don't think i've ever been in a relationship where the girl was my best friend. Regardless of what i've told them, i've always had a male best friend, to hang out with, play snooker/watch football with, or to discuss relationship trouble with. Have never had a girlfriend where i can do those three things with in the same way as i can with a best mate.

I think marriage is more of a standard set by society telling people if you want to be happy, you need to get married. I'm sure there are tons of couples out there with kids and who live together but aren't married. Marriage is nothing but a status. You don't need to get married when you're in love.

I respect everyone's opinion here, as I hope they do my own.

Marriage was founded from the Bible and from my experience, most of the happy people in marriages who say they LOVE and wouldn't trade their marriage for anything are usually very spiritually rooted whether it be Christianity, Islam, or atheism. There are some cases where people do say they have a happy marriage outside of any correlations with religion, but truly I do not believe these people are as happy as those that are fulfilling a sense of purpose within their religion. So honestly, in my opinion, I think the most happiness and fulfillment will come if you utilize the purpose of marriage, which is to grow closer to God with a life-long partner and truly love and care for each other. Yes there will be tough times in the marriage, but you'd also experience some very tough times on your own if you don't get married. Wouldn't you like to have a teammate there to help you out? It's inevitable that I'll get flamed for being a Christian and bringing Jesus into the discussion, but I do ask that you be polite, because I will be to you. :)

I respect everyone's opinion here, as I hope they do my own.

Marriage was founded from the Bible and from my experience, most of the happy people in marriages who say they LOVE and wouldn't trade their marriage for anything are usually very spiritually rooted whether it be Christianity, Islam, or atheism. There are some cases where people do say they have a happy marriage outside of any correlations with religion, but truly I do not believe these people are as happy as those that are fulfilling a sense of purpose within their religion. So honestly, in my opinion, I think the most happiness and fulfillment will come if you utilize the purpose of marriage, which is to grow closer to God with a life-long partner and truly love and care for each other. Yes there will be tough times in the marriage, but you'd also experience some very tough times on your own if you don't get married. Wouldn't you like to have a teammate there to help you out? It's inevitable that I'll get flamed for being a Christian and bringing Jesus into the discussion, but I do ask that you be polite, because I will be to you. :)

Amen! Totally Agree.

Why marry anyway ?
I aim nver to marry , however i still want to have a long term relationship and have kids , I just dont see how signing a piece of paper to say i will marry you can bring you closer to another person .or how spending hundreds or maybe even thousands on a ring can bring you any closer to someone . And its all expensive to get married and have a honeymoon etc . I would rather save my money to bring up kids or buy myself something
Personally i think it would be easier , say things dont work out you can just pack up your shit and move on assuming there arent kids involved none of this divorce bs you never have to see them again unless kids are involved
I find most people hypocritical in their approach to it anyway because they are completely non relgigious and yet they will go along and get married in a church before God , surely if you dont believe then his blessing means nothing to you anyway

You dont need to be married to someone to love them and you dont have to love someone to marry them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom