This I don't understand.......

Tommy Boy

Golden Master
I borrowed my boss' Garmin Streetpilot c330 GPS for my trip to Charlotte. I tried it on the way home from his house and it worked pretty well until I got to the cross roads where I turn onto my road. The gps had my address as being north of the road I was on (turning left) instead of where I really live which is south (turning right), so it was giving me the wrong directions. I figured it needed updated and I read in the user manual that you can purchase map updates. So I figured, how much can they cost? A few bucks for a map update?

Nope, I was wrong......70 bucks!!!

You buy a $400 GPS and they have the balls to charge you 70 bucks for a map update!!! It should update itself!

Complete BS......

/rant

Yep, complete BS. Not only should they update it for free for common courtesy, they should update it for safety. I'd hate to be in an emergency and have no clue where I'm at because my GPS doesn't work, or lost in some bad neighborhood where everyone is pointing a gun at someone.

I agree with ya there but some of them do offer free updates. Mine does that to me too tho sometimes Ill be cruising down the road and it will say take right here and all there is to the right is a huge friggen field. but if you go by it just says recalculating and ends up bringing you to the next street up. Well as far as mine goes...:D

I agree with ya there but some of them do offer free updates. Mine does that to me too tho sometimes Ill be cruising down the road and it will say take right here and all there is to the right is a huge friggen field. but if you go by it just says recalculating and ends up bringing you to the next street up. Well as far as mine goes...:D
Yeah, that's what this one does too.

Ours has told us to take right turns whilst we've been driving over river-crossing bridges. They can get a bit funny sometimes.

^ Agreed, but you can pick up paper maps for 3 or 4 dollars, if not free. A lot better than 70 :D haha

Back
Top Bottom