Gparted live question

Celticsfan

Banned
I have 2 internal HDs in my PC. When I put my gparted live cd in and get to its GUI, I can only see 1 of my HD's and not the other. What do I need to do so I can see both? Do I need to chose a certain option in the menus before I get to the GUI or do I need to select a certain option when I am in the GUI? Can someone please help me with this?

thx

Is the other drive formatted? Do you see it under "manage" in windows?

If it's not formatted it won't be recognized.

Yes, The other drive has win 7 on it. Yes, I see it under "manage". Any ideas?

thx

All set with that part. New question of if I have an 80 GB HD and taking a best guess, how long will it take to format?

thx

Not very long; You can do an NTFS (quick) format in less than a minute, often. Even on larger drives like the 500Gb's.

I am using gparted to format. I don't believe there is a quick option with it. Will it take longer that a half hour?

I would hope it doesn't take that long; It's 80Gb. Why use Gparted when the Windows system management is available with the quick format options?

I'm not familiar with Gparted and you'll have to excuse me if it belongs to such OS's as Linux or Mac.

I never used it before and wanted to try it but I want a rough idea as to how long it will take. Thats all.

Back
Top Bottom