Windows 7 Release Candidate now available for download!

Loading up multiple applications at a time, for example if I want to have torrents going, be running a game and not close any applications before playing a game.

I DL the 32 bit this morning before I went to school, and finished when I got back (only in school for 3-4 hours).
So should I DL the 64 bit? or should I just install the 32 bit I DL'ed this morning onto my laptop?

i've ran bit comet with a 150mb disk cache (4 torrents going) steam downloading left 4 dead and playing gta iv.

i still had 6.17gigs of free ram

I guess Im sticking with 32-bit.
Would install now, but I have to do my programming...

ah im not sure if this would be stable enough for me, im gonna stick to vista

From what I saw with the Vista RC1 and now 7's you shouldn't see any problems and in fact like it far better then Vista. But the one thing to remember is that 7 at this time is still considering a testing and evaluation item and not intended for being your primary OS.

If you were planning to nuke the drive there and see a clean install of Windows(any Windows) that would be an opportunity to go for it! :)

The thing so far found with 7 is seeing faster results setting up and running a tv tuner card with 32bit device drivers on the 64bit 7! The video and sound along with mouse(MS optical), keyboard are all either 64bit updates downloaded or found by the Windows update scan right after setup. Nice! :D

I downloaded both version installed 32 bit and i love it its so fast and everything!!! all my stuff worked no driver issues or anything the only thing i noticed was how in both crysis games i couldn't go past 1600x1024 resolution but i formatted that all away and are now back on Vista

Did you check the video card's support site or NVidia's download page for that model card to see if there were 7 beta drivers available?

For seeing a laptop running warmer that would be initially seen from installing any version of Windows plus all softwares and drivers placing a good load on things right off.

Being a new version you also may have been spending a bit more time placing other loads on as well like running your favorites on the new OS. A good cooling pad if you don't have one now would be a good investment for that.

Back
Top Bottom