Ears feel numb after clubbing

from what I have learned from one of my class, my teacher said that when you listen to loud music, you destroy "hairs?" inside your ears, and if those are destroyed, they never come back. You would notice if they were damaged by hearing that loud ringing noise after listening.

yes. temporary loss is them bending over.....:eek::eek:

I hope thats all it is...

Another possiblity is wax moved by the music, has been forced in the way, as it does feel like I have a blockage. Its that kind of feeling, but it for sure is making me feel weird.

I've always had sensitive hearing though...
My mates that went with me say, that they can hear perfectly fine now, but I know I've lost that something I had before.
There were points in the club, when the bass got so low, that I was actually in pain and had to cup my hands over my ears. Thats how bad it was.

Another possiblity is wax moved by the music, has been forced in the way, as it does feel like I have a blockage. Its that kind of feeling, but it for sure is making me feel weird.

My mates that went with me say, that they can hear perfectly fine now, but I know I've lost that something I had before.
There were points in the club, when the bass got so low, that I was actually in pain and had to cup my hands over my ears. Thats how bad it was.
Wow, you were in pain?....thats not good.

If you feel that you might have a blockage, go and buy one of those ear wax removal kits that come with drops to put in your ear and a little sqeeze thing to wash them out. They work good, don't use q-tips.

Super low bass doesn't cause pain, its actually the mid bass that seems to cause pain.

Anyways, invest in some musicians earplugs, should hopefully make any future situations a lot better.

yes... musicians ear plugs are the shit.... they make everything quiet.

It's not that they make every really quiet, as most off the shelf ear plugs will do a better job at decibel reduction, its the fact that musicians earplugs don't color the sound, your music won't sound like crap.

I went to a Tech N9ne conernert and it was so loud my ear actually had a weird crackling noise it was so loud.

It took me two days to get my hearing back to normal. And its almost all from the bass. It was so much bass you could see your shirt moving back and fourth on your chest.

lol try having bass so loud that when you get out of your car after playing it for about 1 min you fill like throwing up and you cant hear good! haha my eyes shake from my subs! =P

Things are slightly better now :)

Ears feel less closed up, and I managed to get another 1000 hertz on the test.

So yesterday, I could only hear 16,000hz. I can now hear 17,000 perfectly, and 18,000 very faintly (not sure if its the headphones not outputting it right or not, but it sounds lower than the other tone).

What can you guys get up to?

http://www.jimmyr.com/blog/hearingloss.html

Hopefully in the next day or so, all will be well...

I suffer slightly from OCD though, and my mate was shouting at me before for going on about my ears. He saying that its all in my head, and that I worry about every little thing :( He said, " why is it just you that gets problems after every thing"

Back
Top Bottom